Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Someone who passes himself off as being smarter than the average footballer should know the difference between our and are.

Infact, a 6 year old should.

Hope somebody points it out, might crush his future journalism career. 

Cough, ghostwriter, cough cough splutter.

So all in all QPR will have paid around £6m for Barton this year alone, hope he's worth it.

I doubt he will be. If they couldn't beat a side set up to invite defeat against us, I fear for their prospects against better organised teams.

Barton isn't worth a tenth of that if they plan to use him in CM.

Here's something from the QPR pre-match thread:

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-qpr/2011/09/12/qpr-boss-reveals-team-for-newcastle-clash-82029-29405900/

QPR boss Neil Warnock has revealed exactly where he intends to play his new faces – including two slots for Joey Barton.

The manager made six signings in less than five days before the transfer window shut, and has taken the extraordinary step of all but naming his team before tonight’s home clash with Newcastle.

When Rs play 4-3-3, Barton will have a free role in the centre of midfield . When Warnock sticks with a more conservative 4-4-1-1, that is more likely to be the case when the player makes his Hoops debut against his old team, Barton will be on the right of midfield.

As for the rest, Luke Young will be at right back with Armand Traore on the other side of defence. Anton Ferdinand will partner Danny Gabbidon at centre-back, and Shaun Wright-Phillips will get a free role in midfield.

Warnock added: “I got a bit lucky with Anton and Danny. They both know each other from their West Ham days and it won’t take as long for them to gel as a pair had they been strangers.

“Was that in the back of my mind when I went for Anton? It was a bit of that, and it was also that we could actually get a class defender.” DJ Campbell's virus that laid low the forward for the last three weeks could also see a debut for Jason Puncheon.

Warnock insists he will play Adel Taarabt in the same team as Barton, and with Ali Faurlin in mind – the Southampton winger may also slot into midfield on the right, with Campbell taking a place on the bench.

Shaun Derry’s reward for a sparkling start in the Premiership is an extended contract, and together with keeper Paddy Kenny and out-and-out forward Jay Bothroyd, Warnock was blending his new-look side in training this week with a special practice at Loftus Road on Thursday.

“I’ve always had a full-side practice match of around 70 minutes in these cases,” he explained. “I put the likely side against the rest and we stop-start the game to fine-tune stuff.”

Guest MrSundlofer

On Soccer Saturday they're saying Taarabt is already in a huff about the wage difference between him & Barton. :lol:

Can't believe Taarabt will be happy about Barton being captain, too.

Why not? Taarabt is not captain material. Barton is a leader.

On Soccer Saturday they're saying Taarabt is already in a huff about the wage difference between him & Barton. :lol:

Can't believe Taarabt will be happy about Barton being captain, too.

Why not? Taarabt is not captain material. Barton is a leader.

That may be true. Doesn't mean that's how he sees it. :lol:

Much better player than Obertan.

And you wonder why you get so much shit on here. :lol:

We could have given him the contract he got at QPR. Instead, we opted for the cheap player, on lower wages who hopefully we can make a profit on in a few years (has shown fuck all thus far).

(has shown f*** all thus far).

Just like Barton for 2 years

Barton had shown promise at a different Premier League side though. Obertan did f*** all at Man Utd.

And as Mr Ligue 1 you should know he showed good promise at Bordeaux. Comparing these two is so utterly pointless it gallops into the grounds of tedious.

For a start, Obertan is a winger, Barton is a wide midfielder. Yes they may inhabit the same flank, but you might as well say 'Can't believe we sold Enrique and got Marveaux in like'.