Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dyer is on a one year contract and surely will not be on very high wages. I don't think he's totalled a season's worth of matches in the last 5-6 years. I would think that Chinedum, Zamora, and Cisse would be fairly easy to eliminate, anyway. They would probably have to keep SWP and Barton (unless West Ham are promoted).

Just did some googling and found this:

QPR owner Fernandes faces financial nightmare if they go down as stars will KEEP wages

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 07:48, 14 March 2012 | UPDATED: 07:50, 14 March 2012

Struggling QPR face a financial meltdown if they are relegated from the Barclays Premier League  — because none of their stars will be forced to take a pay cut.

Rangers' big earners like £70,000-a-week Joey Barton will still get paid in full if they drop into the Championship.

Premier League teams usually include a relegation clause which would cut slash a players' wage by half if they are relegated.

But Rangers were so desperate to bolster their squad with the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand last summer they did not include a relegation clause in contracts following their promotion in May.

Rangers remain bullish about their staying up despite dropping into the bottom three after Saturday's defeat at fellow-strugglers Bolton.

Striker Cisse, another big earner on £60,000 a week, said: 'We have to fight until the end and that's what we are going to do. I love challenges and I love the club already. I will do my best to help the club stay up because we belong in the Premier League now.'

QPR’s mega-rich owner Tony Fernandes has deep pockets but it seems he is now realising the impact of relegation, with some players on four-year deals worth over £10million.

Chief executive Phillip Beard said: 'Ideally, we stay in the Premier League. If things don’t work out, we’ll fight tooth and nail to come back up.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2114753/QPR-owner-Tony-Fernandes-faces-financial-nightmare-down.html#ixzz1pnUfNZWv

This win, that team, and a decent manager, I think it's about to click for them, good timing since Blackburn have decided they want to stay in the division.

Their run-in isn't the best though. Needless to say, their home form between now and the end of the season will be paramount (though I can see them nicking a result against the mackems next week).

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton

Enough of the negative shit anyway. What a f*cking result, great spirit shown by the boys and loyal fans tonight. Not the bells that booed.

Looks like bells are the new helmets

Guest neesy111

Enough of the negative shit anyway. What a f*cking result, great spirit shown by the boys and loyal fans tonight. Not the bells that booed.

They were much better after Barton went off.  Surprise that.

Guest neesy111

Seems to be standard amongst footballers now to regard any fan that criticises them as a disloyal one.

Shows how isolated players are to fans.  Tickets for that game last night were 55 quid ffs.

Dyer is on a one year contract and surely will not be on very high wages. I don't think he's totalled a season's worth of matches in the last 5-6 years. I would think that Chinedum, Zamora, and Cisse would be fairly easy to eliminate, anyway. They would probably have to keep SWP and Barton (unless West Ham are promoted).

Thought Dyer was on pay as you play deal...

They were much better after Barton went off.  Surprise that.

He gave it away every time he touched the ball as far as I saw... the QPR fans soon saw this and booed his every touch.

I am expecting the usual adulation, that I now take for granted at the S.O.L tomo. I am a big crowd favourite in them there parts.

:lol:

providing you get on the pitch joey!

Best thing Sunderland fans could do to get at him, would be to ignore him. Not sure his ego could handle that.

Yep, but they won't. They'll boo his every touch and he'll wind them up. Nailed on to either score or see red.

Assuming he's picked obviously.

Oh, good. This useless tool is still being talked about.

But isn't it ironic, don't you think?

It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin on your wedding day.