Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

There is nothing in that article other than common sense.

Couldn't have said it better. He's just saying what most people would rather deny.

I think most people have admitted he's technically correct, the issue is more whether he should be saying it to the media.

Almost as 'insensitive' as Nolan's comments re: Carroll and Liverpool.

Not sure I follow you.

Did you not hear what Nolan said to LFC Tv or whatever it's called?

Yes, and I thought it was wrong. What I was wondering is what it has to do with Barton?

He claims he signed Shorey for £10,000 when everywhere else is saying that he cost £35,000.

The Reading page mentions £25K http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1360664,00.html

Elsewhere “Look at my time at West Ham and the players I bought in – I like to think I did well on that side at Crystal Palace and Reading too.”

He did not even manager Crystal Palace

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/02/20/pardew-i-ll-spend-cash-wisely-in-summer-79310-28200396/

id belive the guy who signed him, he would have hardly lost his point if he had said/cost 35000

The Reading site says £25,000 as has been posted above yours, I would guess that the buying club knows best.  I've got a list of every player he's signed and it doesn't look too good to me so if his claim to transfer fame is two players since 1999 then I hope that somebody else is buying for him.

id belive the guy who signed him, he would have hardly lost his point if he had said/cost 35000

The Reading site says £25,000 as has been posted above yours, I would guess that the buying club knows best.  I've got a list of every player he's signed and it doesn't look too good to me so if his claim to transfer fame is two players since 1999 then I hope that somebody else is buying for him.

fair enough, just seems odd to make something up over 20k, still a bargin whatever price it was, suppose could have been 10k with clauses adding on 10-20k, but yeah Pardew has never struck me as someone who does well in the transfer market, but i guess we will know in a few months if he is or not