Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

no professional can expect to slag their bosses off in a huge public space without consequence.

I constantly slag off my bosses on Twitter, Facebook, work forums and in emails to them.  I also go on strike when my terms aren't improved year on year.

It's the other way round really, no employer can expect to receive universal praise from all their employees, but they should cater to the most talented people in their employment.

Guest icemanblue

I'm shocked we haven't bother to ban twitter like given recent goings on.

Why ban something that is proving to be a handy money saving tool?

Has mike ashley been smoking crack seriously? Most probably our best player last season and allowed to go for free? Pardew is just a puppet and ashley is pulling the strings, I think we all know that for sure now, absolute disgrace that a fat wanker like him is allowed to ruin our club. I can't believe people are taking ashleys side with this either, barton is trying to expose the shambles that's going on behind the scenes of the club, fair play to him for doing so 

Guest firetotheworks

I hardly ever post on here anymore and this type of thing is exactly why.

Honestly, what is the fucking point in discussing this, asking questions, pulling our hair out at the absolute remorseless, unabashed stupidity of the person that's running our club? Unless we can do something to get Ashley out, or to make a real difference, we're all just back-seat drivers until he's gone or we crash.

Selling 3 of our best players last season, and 100% of the team spirit that got us back and to where we are. It goes without saying that it's potentially suicidal, but absolutely nothing surprises me anymore and that's the saddest and most troubling thing for me. Those of you without a penchant for gloom will be pleased to know that I've given up talking about this sitch until it's to genuinely and effectively make a difference.

no professional can expect to slag their bosses off in a huge public space without consequence.

I constantly slag off my bosses on Twitter, Facebook, work forums and in emails to them.  I also go on strike when my terms aren't improved year on year.

It's the other way round really, no employer can expect to receive universal praise from all their employees, but they should cater to the most talented people in their employment.

I slag my boss off to his face, but it's called friendly banter. Theirs a difference between me calling him a dirty Mackem and him calling me a Geordie bastard than what Barton has just done.

Of course not, the big difference is that a Premier League footballer, and one of our very best performers and also one of the Premier League's (statistically) best performers in his position last season would have absolutely no problem finding another club/job, unlike Joe Bloggs who relies 100% on references and reputation

So many people absorbed in the minutia of this. Lets all blame Carroll, then Lets all blame Nolan, then Lets all blame Enrique, now Lets all blame Barton.

Arguably 4 of our best players last season 'in it for themselves'. Open your damn eyes. This is Souness all over again but in a different guise.

Who are you talking about?  Who's putting all the blame on any of those players?  Don't you think its a bit f***ing childish not to see that some people just don't put the blame entirely on one party?  That maybe just BOTH parties are to blame in different ways.

It's the culture of this forum to bandwagon-jump and knee-jerk to every minute detail rather than to look at the bigger picture. Those that do are ridiculed. Barton's been an idiot, but Ashley is so bad it looks like he's actually trying to destroy the club and turn it into another vehicle to funnel cash out of in the long run or sell it.

I'm not saying Barton's not to fault in this, and I agree both are to blame - to varying degrees - for the eventual conclusion today.

21st May - Pardew wanted Barton to stay:

"It is up to the player and his agent to settle the deal that's now on the table.

"Contracts are complicated in terms of how they are paid, tax issues, length.

"I want Joey to stay."

Why does a manager that wants a player to stay, allow him to carry on like he does/did on twitter? Ashley/Llambias are very clever and wanted him out and I believe Barton's reasoning of wanting a 'Younger, better, cheaper player' are true. Pardew would have been told to not discipline/advise him on this. Barton would have been worthy of any 60k/week contract in the country if you compare to him other players on a similar sort of salary. McKay wants Barton to move on so he can get a final payday out of the player and Ashley just wants him off the books because I think he doesn't think he can sell him.

At the end of the day, Barton should have had a contract worthy of his talent that we all know he has. The offer he got must have been absolutely derisory and comparatively exploitative of the position that Ashley feels Barton has got no credence with other clubs. Barton went loopy and now is off on a free.

Claiming that people are putting all the blame on those players isn't a minute detail, its a reccuring, ignorant and extremely annoying assertion on this forum that I'm pretty fucking tired of reading.

Like I said I agree that Ashley ect probably wanted Barton out because of his age, character and wages.  But I do not agree that we must have offered him a terrible contract or that Barton is worthy of any £60k contract we could offer.  This is the kind of thinking that fucked us financially in the first place, which led to us ending up in the hands of Ashley.  Barton is absolutely NOT worth £60k a week, and certainly not on a long term deal that would take him into his early 30's.  The bloke was unlikely to be first choice this season.

Most thought from the start we made in the transfer market, snapping up free's and contract loopholes, tha

t Ashley was going to deliver on that promise of revamping the whole squad with the carroll money.

We need 3-4 players at the very least but with him penny pinching and only looking for bargains i'd be very surprised if we managed 1

People should've never assumed Ashley would change his ways, because he wont.

Honestly, what is the f***ing point in discussing this, asking questions, pulling our hair out at the absolute remorseless, unabashed stupidity of the person that's running our club? Unless we can do something to get Ashley out, or to make a real difference, we're all just back-seat drivers until he's gone or we crash.

Selling 3 of our best players last season, and 100% of the team spirit that got us back and to where we are. It goes without saying that it's potentially suicidal, but absolutely nothing surprises me anymore and that's the saddest and most troubling thing for me. Those of you without a penchant for gloom will be pleased to know that I've given up talking about this sitch until it's to genuinely and effectively make a difference.

There is nothing we can do though.

Would not touch this guy with a 12 mile barge pole after this incident.

why?

Can't pass, can't take corners, can't take free-kicks. Gobs off all day long on Twitter, and disputes the managers decisions. Previously convicted of behaviour such as stabbing cigars in teammates eyes & punching people on the training ground. Why would you?

because i think he's a very good footballer

Honestly, what is the f***ing point in discussing this, asking questions, pulling our hair out at the absolute remorseless, unabashed stupidity of the person that's running our club? Unless we can do something to get Ashley out, or to make a real difference, we're all just back-seat drivers until he's gone or we crash.

well said  :)

No mate, it doesn't make any sense meaning its just not the case.  Tell me how it helps Ashley to lose a player for free if he's willing to sign for a reasonable contract?  He just personally hated Barton yeah?, before any of this twitter stuff even started?

The much more believable situation is that Barton was offered a deal and didn't accept it.  The club, rightly or wrongly, then said he wouldn't be offered anything more.

With Ashley, I think this is exactly the case.

So its your reasoned opinion that we didn't offer Barton any new contract at all and that was because Ashley doesn't like him as a person?

Pardew: "Barton wants a new deal, only got one year left"

Ashley "Nah I hate him"

Pardew "Why he's done nothing to you, and he's played well, and he's willing to take a big pay cut, we don't want him to leave for free"

Ashley "No I hate him, instead we'll antagonise him into leaving for nothing, I don't really like money anyway"

Regardless of your over-exaggeration, with Ashley's past proven logic and decision-making ability is this really so hard to imagine?

It is yes, its about as believable as Willie Mckay.

So many people absorbed in the minutia of this. Lets all blame Carroll, then Lets all blame Nolan, then Lets all blame Enrique, now Lets all blame Barton.

Arguably 4 of our best players last season 'in it for themselves'. Open your damn eyes. This is Souness all over again but in a different guise.

Who are you talking about?  Who's putting all the blame on any of those players?  Don't you think its a bit f***ing childish not to see that some people just don't put the blame entirely on one party?  That maybe just BOTH parties are to blame in different ways.

It's the culture of this forum to bandwagon-jump and knee-jerk to every minute detail rather than to look at the bigger picture. Those that do are ridiculed. Barton's been an idiot, but Ashley is so bad it looks like he's actually trying to destroy the club and turn it into another vehicle to funnel cash out of in the long run or sell it.

I'm not saying Barton's not to fault in this, and I agree both are to blame - to varying degrees - for the eventual conclusion today.

21st May - Pardew wanted Barton to stay:

"It is up to the player and his agent to settle the deal that's now on the table.

"Contracts are complicated in terms of how they are paid, tax issues, length.

"I want Joey to stay."

Why does a manager that wants a player to stay, allow him to carry on like he does/did on twitter? Ashley/Llambias are very clever and wanted him out and I believe Barton's reasoning of wanting a 'Younger, better, cheaper player' are true. Pardew would have been told to not discipline/advise him on this. Barton would have been worthy of any 60k/week contract in the country if you compare to him other players on a similar sort of salary. McKay wants Barton to move on so he can get a final payday out of the player and Ashley just wants him off the books because I think he doesn't think he can sell him.

At the end of the day, Barton should have had a contract worthy of his talent that we all know he has. The offer he got must have been absolutely derisory and comparatively exploitative of the position that Ashley feels Barton has got no credence with other clubs. Barton went loopy and now is off on a free.

Claiming that people are putting all the blame on those players isn't a minute detail, its a reccuring, ignorant and extremely annoying assertion on this forum that I'm pretty f***ing tired of reading.

Like I said I agree that Ashley ect probably wanted Barton out because of his age, character and wages.  But I do not agree that we must have offered him a terrible contract or that Barton is worthy of any £60k contract we could offer.  This is the kind of thinking that f***ed us financially in the first place, which led to us ending up in the hands of Ashley.  Barton is absolutely NOT worth £60k a week, and certainly not on a long term deal that would take him into his early 30's.  The bloke was unlikely to be first choice this season.

It's not worth my time trawling through the player-threads of each player that has come up recently in the media criticizing the regime to prove how I feel the image of the forum presents itself; but the vocal majority on those threads are always against the player.

And this is where we come to a diplomatic impasse, I believe he could keep doing what he does in the Premier League until he's 35 and that he should be first choice on the right this season. Although we both know due to other 'factors' this was never going to happen.

I really don't see the problem with letting Barton leave on a free. It's pretty obvious that no club would pay a transfer fee for him and he was set to leave at the end of the year on a free anyhow. It's also pretty obvious that he's a toxic asset for the club.

This doesn't make me an "Ashley apologist" (whatever that means) btw. But in this case, I'll be glad to see the arse end of Barton. Should be interesting to see what club actually goes in for him and if Ashley actually seeks to replace him and Routledge.

depends what type of work you are in a suppose but you are surely in breach of contact and spreading slander if you are recoding things in public places. Saying things in private or directly to your boss is one thing but when it harms the business they have grounds to cut ties.

I really don't see the problem with letting Barton leave on a free. It's pretty obvious that no club would pay a transfer fee for him and he was set to leave at the end of the year on a free anyhow. It's also pretty obvious that he's a toxic asset for the club.

This doesn't make me an "Ashley apologist" (whatever that means) btw. But in this case, I'll be glad to see the arse end of Barton. Should be interesting to see what club actually goes in for him and if Ashley actually seeks to replace him and Routledge.

How the fuck is a good player "a toxic asset"?

And if he doesn't, what then?

So why not let him leave on a free next year? He was our best player last season, and whatever he is off the pitch, the rest of the team liked him and he delivered on it. There is absolutely no reason to let him go for free now.

Fine him and ban him from twitter for his outburst.

But in this case, I'll be glad to see the arse end of Barton. Should be interesting to see what club actually goes in for him and if Ashley actually seeks to replace him and Routledge.

Well, if we're looking to pair Tiote and Cabaye in the middle, just who is going to play right midfield? We don't have a single player capable of performing at PL level.