Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Like Colocho says, it seems to me that Pardew would probably go along with getting rid of Barton but he is now thinking "what's the chances of a replacement coming in?"

No wonder he's hedging his bets at this moment.

Pardew seems to think that he can repair the damage that's been done between Joey and the owner, and between Joey and the rest of the team, through the relationship that he himself has got with him. Either that, or like any anxious manager, he wants to keep hold of one of his best players if at all possible - at least until there's a replacement in.

It all feels unrealistic. Too much has happened and I don't think Joey himself, in this 'victim' mode, has enough insight to make the necessary adjustments.

Pardew seems to think that he can repair the damage that's been done between Joey and the owner, and between Joey and the rest of the team, through the relationship that he himself has got with him. Either that, or like any anxious manager, he wants to keep hold of one of his best players if at all possible - at least until there's a replacement in.

It all feels unrealistic. Too much has happened and I don't think Joey himself, in this 'victim' mode, has enough insight to make the necessary adjustments.

What damage between Barton and the rest of the team?  I haven't seen anything to suggest that we have a problem between him and the other players.

I like how the papers said Barton was a negative influence on the young players at the club and then make him train with them...!

is it anything to do with the expectations of a 'buying' club?  he's available for free, but what would joey be owed by nufc, in terms of wages and bonuses, if his contract was to be cancelled to allow him to move?  maybe 3.5/4m?  maybe its less, i dont know, but that money has to either be paid by the club to barton, paid in part or in full by they 'buying' club, or written off in part or in full by joey himself.  if we were acting like it was impossible to see joey staying beyond august, the buying club would not join negotiations to get the problem of this payment out of the way. 

i'd imagine newcastle would at least want half of this paid by (everton? stoke? whoever) if he was to leave.  remember the payment man city owed joey, it was much less and he waited for it before he moved

Has he been confirmed in or out of the last friendly?

Journal this morning says he's out:

"The midfielder has been withdrawn from tomorrow’s friendly against Fiorentina and trained with the development team yesterday but the change in tone from Newcastle’s furious reaction to his Elland Road Tweets was marked. And, while Pardew chose his words carefully, it is clear that his personal relationship with the midfielder is repairable."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/05/cooling-off-period-begins-at-st-james-park-61634-29181372/#ixzz1U8raZriY

I read it somewhere yesterday that Joey Barton was going to be in a golf tournament in London for that weekend as it was planned for him to go there after he was told he was free to leave us so him being withdrawn sounds a bit iffy if thats the case  :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

Geoff Hurst just said he would be devastated if Barton ended up at WHU. Hopefully the full audio will be online later, maybe such little interest in him is down to the same reasons he cited.  :undecided:

Joey7Barton  Joseph Barton

QOTD : If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation

:undecided:

That's a David Brent quote man! :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I'm having a dumb moment...is that a dig at the club?

The cynic in me did think it was a well worked dig at Pardew's calm talk about him yesterday at first. Wouldnt put it past him although he will obviously point to the Brent hour as the reason.

Disappointed in Geoff Hurst.

But being a southerner he's probably only read the retard press.

I mean all the c***s who've played for WHU over the years, cheats, tax-dodgers etc.

I'm surprised he's so obviously out of touch

I am bit confused - I thought you want him to stay?  Surely if you want him to stay, you should be delighted at what Hurst has said?  Or are you just upset at poor little Joey's reputation being besmirched?

Has he been confirmed in or out of the last friendly?

Journal this morning says he's out:

"The midfielder has been withdrawn from tomorrows friendly against Fiorentina and trained with the development team yesterday but the change in tone from Newcastles furious reaction to his Elland Road Tweets was marked. And, while Pardew chose his words carefully, it is clear that his personal relationship with the midfielder is repairable."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/05/cooling-off-period-begins-at-st-james-park-61634-29181372/#ixzz1U8raZriY

I read it somewhere yesterday that Joey Barton was going to be in a golf tournament in London for that weekend as it was planned for him to go there after he was told he was free to leave us so him being withdrawn sounds a bit iffy if thats the case  :undecided:

Chronicle says he would not have played tomorrow anyway because he has a hamstring injury.