Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

IF, big IF..

These peace talks took place and Barton was to remain (and signs new contract on the original terms agreed), who is the real winner in all this?

Both parties look like complete twats IMO, neither comes out looking any wiser.

We are

The fans?

yeh, get to keep him

I agreed we can ill afford to loose him on a number of levels, still not sure we win though.

It seems most of his frustrations are around our transfers (out and lack off in).  Nothing has changed (although it could I guess), so we then have player signed up who is going to be more disruptive on a longer term contract.

JB, unless I am wrong, will not change the way this board/owner operates, so if, big if, he remains, some has seriously backed down.

IF, big IF..

These peace talks took place and Barton was to remain (and signs new contract on the original terms agreed), who is the real winner in all this?

If what you have described is what happens (it's a big if) then we are clearly the winner.

Try this scenario: Barton (advised by his c*nt of an agent) sticks his lip out, gives it large on twitter looking for a free transfer and a decent signing on fee. He and the agent are expecting Champions League clubs to form a queue. But there is a problem, no one really wants to pay his current wage rate and they all view him as a major PR risk. Most worringly Stoke appear to be the club most interested in doing some sort of deal. Suddenly the Newcastle January offer looks a lot more attractive?

We are

The fans?

yeh, get to keep him

I agreed we can ill afford to loose him on a number of levels, still not sure we win though.

It seems most of his frustrations are around our transfers (out and lack off in).  Nothing has changed (although it could I guess), so we then have player signed up who is going to be more disruptive on a longer term contract.

JB, unless I am wrong, will not change the way this board/owner operates, so if, big if, he remains, some has seriously backed down.

As you say nothing has changed from last week and I don't think Obertan is going to change his mind on the transfer front.  The best I am hoping for is that he decides to see out this season with us as I think we need him in that midfield for the time being.  If the team ends up doing OK then I would be less concerned about him moving on at the end of the season.

I think Joey's pride has been hurt by a) not being given a new contract when he had been acting like he was a leader and an essential member of the team and b) the thought of having to pay second fiddle to a bunch of Frenchmen rather than leading them.

I just can't see Joey making the necessary moves. It doesn't look like a bigger or equivilent club is in for him, so I believe he'd like to stay, but unless he was prepared to swallow a large element of his general attitudes and persona, I could only see further episodes of aggravation ahead.

Pardew is talking about conciliation, but I doubt that that is Joey's language, at heart. He strongly feels the need to win, or at least not to look like he's been beaten.

I am not sure its Bartons agent that has kicked this all off.  I think the lad had has just said what he see's and thinks (also over reacting to situation at Leeds), how would any agent suggest a rant againt your club on twitter as a ticket to a top 4 in the premier league or any other for that matter?

IF, big IF..

If what you have described is what happens (it's a big if) then we are clearly the winner.

Try this scenario: Barton (advised by his c*nt of an agent) sticks his lip out, gives it large on twitter looking for a free transfer and a decent signing on fee. He and the agent are expecting Champions League clubs to form a queue. But there is a problem, no one really wants to pay his current wage rate and they all view him as a major PR risk. Most worringly Stoke appear to be the club most interested in doing some sort of deal. Suddenly the Newcastle January offer looks a lot more attractive?

Depends on what you consider to be a winner in this scenario. Joey was publicly advocating a fans buyout of the club such was his disgust at the ownership a while ago and he's been sniping ever since. Any employer would be crazy to give him any sort of extension to his contract IMO.

IF, big IF..

The sound of a hammer hitting a nail firmly on the head.

IF, big IF..

This is spot on.

Yeah, good post.

Also, Joey is so volatile that he could be happy again in a month's time, especially if we do well on the pitch.

And he could just as easily change his tune a month later. I can't see that he's worth the risk.

Hes got his twitter back up and running - got himself in a little cat fight with Oliver Holt over David Pleat after comments Pleat made about him on talksport:

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt

@ @Joey7Barton Helmet? what happened to your book of quotations? What happened to Orwell and poetry? I feel sad and disillusioned now.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply » 

@ @Joey7Barton I'm not concerned with what players do off the field. Fairly obvious you're the hypocrite where Pleat is concerned

Only point I'm trying to make is how can @Joey7Barton expect others to judge him on present if he digs up another man's past?

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply 

Quote:

@ @Joey7Barton people in glass houses? are you being serious?

Quote:

@ @Joey7Barton question his football judgment then instead of going low. Or don't you have the wit to do that? 

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@OllieHoltMirror if Pleat wants to raise his head above the parapet, then he's fair game. Same as I am for u and vice-versa #helmet

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@

@OllieHoltMirror why do u not just pass footballing judgement then? Hypocrite. Why r u so concerned with what players do off the field?

1 hour ago

@

@OllieHoltMirror am not judging. U'll find am responding to his judgement!!! U still judge me don't u? maybe I should judge u? #glasshouses

1 hour ago

Yeah, good post.

Also, Joey is so volatile that he could be happy again in a month's time, especially if we do well on the pitch.

And he could just as easily change his tune a month later. I can't see that he's worth the risk.

Yeah, there is that, just hoping that once the season kicks in he will have his mind on actually playing football. If we decide he's staying that is.