Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest schmuck

The Express deserves as much, if not more stick than The Daily Mail, absolute twathole of a rag. No-one with a brain would pay any attention to gash like that anyway though.

the examples i gave are one that brought the club the most negative press. what other player in recent times has caused so much bother while giving so little back?

Well you're probably different to me in that I gave up on caring about the press the club or its players get a while ago, it will always get bad press from certain quarters and being fans who see all the articles and reports we can we're exposed to the full extent of it and because of that are generally a little more sensitive to it. Worrying about the press the club or its players gets only serves to justify them in their spouting of s**** imo.

it was clearly more than just a squabble if he got dropped from an important game because of it. "players argue all the time in training" apparently but how many get dropped?

Dunno, probably quite a few I'd imagine (Rooney last season, van Nistelrooy with Ronaldo, Drogba, Nugent and someone got sent home last week and Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor for life off the top of my head) but Newcastle are in the position of being interesting enough for the national media to want the story, but having no structure in place to keep any incidents in house. Actually, just google 'football bust up drop/dropped', that probably gives a better answer: Boyd, Anichebe, Voronin, Lee Hughes and Di Canio on the first few pages amongst the current Barton and John Fleck stories, and these are just the stories that the press managed to get hold of, Dean Windass was facing retirement after one recently :lol:

(from reading your whole post and seeing your user name, are you barton?  :aww: )

Nah, Ousmane Dabo  O0

Joey Barton apologises for spat at training

Aug 10 2009  by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

JOEY BARTON is understood to have apologised to caretaker boss Chris Hughton following a training-ground spat on the eve of United’s trip to West Brom.

The Chronicle understands that Hughton played the role of model professional during the bust-up after the controversial midfielder stormed off after a disagreement over tactics.

He then returned to say sorry to Hughton before being sent back to the changing rooms as the session resumed.

Surprisingly Barton, who was expected to start the game with the Baggies before the flare-up, still made the bench for the 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns, but was visibly shunned by team-mates during the pre-match warm-up, and was reduced to exchanging passes with the Toon mascot for the 15 minutes prior to the game.

Barton also filed out of the dressing room by himself after the game, with his team-mates thought to be bitterly disappointed with his pre-match actions ahead of such an important fixture.

The Barton camp yesterday played down the row and the diplomatic figure of Hughton emerged to tell the Chronicle today: “What we had was a squad of players that travelled to West Brom for what was going to be a very tough game.

“The decision that I made on the team was based on tactical reasons. I made a decision to go with the two big lads up front.

“I thought for periods of the game it worked very well, and we were able to bring Joey on to just solidify things in that last period.

“He was part of what was a good team performance.

“What we are going to hear are lots of rumours and stories, but all I can say was he was part of the squad that deserved to get what we got.”

The club today refused to comment on the Barton row and it remains to be seen whether internal action will be taken against the United bad boy.

Last season, Alan Shearer suspended Barton and fined the player £128,000 after his red card at Liverpool in the 3-0 defeat that many felt was a major factor in the Magpies’ relegation with the ex-Man City player banned for the final crucial three games of the campaign.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/10/joey-barton-apologises-for-spat-at-training-72703-24361188/

Looksl like Barton has burned his bridges here to me. While Hughton isn't as decisive as Shearer in telling him to sling his hook, if the rest of the players have got sick of his antics he's not much of an asset.

Guest icemanblue

How many chances does this guy want?

Get rid for god sake

Do you not think he could be in the World Cup squad?

Guest icemanblue

Get rid for god sake

Only a fool would want Joey Barton in their squad.

Yeah, that's exactly why I thought you'd have him.

:iamatwat:

The man comes on for a short time, already his passing, moving, and his driven cross looked more dangerous than anything our other midfielders did all match, bar the strong defensive performance from Smith and the 1 pass from Nolan.  Barton took the free kick that Nolan should have put away.

As much I dislike Joey Barton, right now - I'll take him over most the lot in our squad.

Get rid for god sake

Only a fool wouldn't want him in our squad.

Regardless of how much of a cunt you think he is, he's our best player and could prove crucial for us getting out of this division.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/119578/Barton-talk-sours-Robson-memory

BARTON TALK SOURS ROBSON MEMORY

Sunday August 9,2009

By Niall Hickman

A CRYING shame that on the day these two clubs remembered one of the great servants to the game, Sir Bobby Robson, all the talk was yet again of Joey Barton.

f*** me.

Isn't this the same "who's niall hickman? - You're a CUNT"  that JFK brought attention to? Well done Joe, you had SOME use.

That pathetic article sours Sir Bobbys memory, use that to have a pop at Joey, thr c*** deserves hate mail for the rest of his life.

Try

[email protected]

Get rid for god sake

Only a fool wouldn't want him in our squad.

Regardless of how much of a cunt you think he is, he's our best player and could prove crucial for us getting out of this division.

Can you totally disregard the fact he doesn't seem to be liked by most of the squad?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5481920,00.html

Barton denies bust-up

Midfielder accepted Hughton's decision

Last updated: 9th August 2009

Joey Barton has rubbished reports that he fell out with team-mates ahead of the match with West Brom on Saturday.

The Magpies midfielder, left out of the starting line-up at The Hawthorns, is rumoured to have been involved in a bust-up with Argentine winger Jonas Gutierrez.

However, Barton's personal spokesman Paul Tyrrell insists there is no truth in the story.

Barton came on a second-half substitute as Newcastle salvaged a 1-1 draw against the Baggies and Tyrell maintains he was happy to play a part.

"There was no disagreement between Joey Barton and any other player prior to the West Brom game," said Tyrrell.

"He totally accepted Chris Hughton's decision to put him on the bench for tactical reasons yesterday and gave a typically committed performance when he came on as a substitute.

"Joey is firmly focused on getting Newcastle back to where it belongs - the Premier League."

Identical to this story http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/eycwkfididgb/

Need this lad back soon if we're to play like that again. Had a part in setting up the last two goals, was knocking around the ball v nicely second half in general to.

Think he links it all together.