Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thought he was our best player yesterday.

Is your avater the Free Trade ? If I've got a local, its that one. I'm in there more often than any other bar.

It was aye before I changed it to the Fenham Pele. A great pub, not as good as the Tyne but it's certainly one of the best.

Thought he was our best player yesterday.

Enrique was the best on view IMO but Barton showed his class at times. Its a Pity now he would be chucked out if Shearer were to be back as manager.

I am mega shocked here like lads, at times yesterday Joey played like he did'nt give a shit, Hughton had a right old go at him for a barge tackle then just giving it away witha  nothing pass. Not sure if he was injured when he was taken off or not but he was ina  foul mood by the looks of it. Not saying he did'nt play well just though he good of been much better if he could have been arsed.

Had a good game today but needs to cut out the wreckless tackles (like Smith).  Concerned about his injury prone-ness too.  Coupled with his high-potenital of picking up cards, I'd wager he will be out of the team a lot.  Despite his good talents, I'd be more keen to be rid of him than sell Taylor.

I didn't think he was all that great tbh. Wasted on the wing like.

He's got a bit of vision and can hit a decent pass. Against that he's pretty slow these days, can't be arsed sometimes and injury prone. I don't see how he can be popular in the dressing room either - apparently Steve Harper was getting grief this time. Personally I think he's just going to continue to be a liability, his attitude stinks.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1756910,00.html

NEWCASTLE United will assess the extent of Joey Barton's foot injury on Sunday after the midfielder limped out of the 3-0 win over Reading.

The Liverpudlian was in obvious discomfort as he left the pitch during the closing stages of Saturday's victory at St.James' Park.

But boss Chris Hughton is hopeful that the problem is not as serious as first feared.

"Joey got a whack on his foot," he explained.

"He was certainly a lot happier after the match than he was when he came off the pitch.

"We're hoping that's just going to be a kick and we will assess it further on Sunday."

Guest schmuck

He's stamped on the skulls of several orphans and booted a few plugs out of the wall in an intensive care unit with it this morning and felt no ill affect, so he should be ok for Wednesday

He didn't look like he gave a shit for a lot of the game on Saturday, but his ability covered up for that for the most part.

He also managed to get booked for being Joey Barton before limping off injured, both of the reasons I'd like to see the back of him.  For all his ability he gets injured too often and his reputation goes ahead of him these days which gets him booked and sent off for challenges that would be ignored if they were committed by other players.

I thought some of his work was excellent. Though he was wasted on the wing.  He was drifing out of position a lot and not really offering an outlet.  He hasn't played many games though and did seem to get better as the game progressed.

I don't think he's the stand out best player at the club. He's certainly in a bunch of players who are all similar standard e.g Enrique, Jonas, Taylor.

Am going off the standard of football i've seen him produce over his career. Enrique and Taylor still have some way to go on that front.

If Barton stays, he will be instrumental.

I don't think he's the stand out best player at the club. He's certainly in a bunch of players who are all similar standard e.g Enrique, Jonas, Taylor.

Am going off the standard of football i've seen him produce over his career. Enrique and Taylor still have some way to go on that front.

Does this mean he won't open his fucking mouth?

He should be captain, might sort him out to be given a position reflective of his skills as a person. He's a talker and aggressive with it, like Bill Bremner was.

*slightly controversial*

:laugh: :clap:

Does this mean he won't open his f***ing mouth?

He should be captain, might sort him out to be given a position reflective of his skills as a person. He's a talker and aggressive with it, like Bill Bremner was.

*slightly controversial*

Trouble is he is such a cock. Widely rumoured to be very unpopular with the rest of the squad and seems completely up his own arse. The stories of rows with other players and various coaches are too numerous to have no foundation. Also I'm told he kept Hughton and the match squad waiting in the plane for almost an hour at Birmingham airport after the WBA game. If Hughton was a stronger character he'd have given instructions to take off without him.

If Shearer gets the manager's job there's an interesting situation brewing.