Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Played really well today. Hope he's not broke his foot. Either way we might as well keep, seeing as Bolton's board don't want to sanction a move despite Megson wanting him.

I never ever worry when Barton is on the ball

He is a class above

Got caught in possession loads today, wasn't his best game by any stretch. But still outshone Smith and Nolan. Gutted if he's broken his foot.

Guest thebigfella

i sat on the touch line where they warmed uphe was givving orders to the players and pumping them up 45 mins before the game started he should be captain godd performance today he never shuts up on the pitch telling people where to play wee need all the team to be like that!!

Chris Hughton in his post-match said they thought he'd just got a kick and it was a bit bruised, said Barton was much happier when he saw him after the game.

Good good. Looked bad when he came off.

i sat on the touch line where they warmed uphe was givving orders to the players and pumping them up 45 mins before the game started he should be captain godd performance today he never shuts up on the pitch telling people where to play wee need all the team to be like that!!

If he toned down his rash challenges & played more he'd be a great Captain for us yes.

He still needs to do a lot to win me over, tbh. So far he's been nothing but a disruptive influence, imo. Good player, but has yet to really show what he's capable of and, obviously, his less savoury extra-curricular activities need to be sorted permanently.

When Guthrie comes back him and Barton should be CM, saying that though Smith has played really well in the past two games (apart from a few crazy tackles today), so I'm not sure what to do. I suppose Guthrie could play on the right, or we could do a Barca and have a deep DM and two CM who just float :nile:

When Guthrie comes back him and Barton should be CM, saying that though Smith has played really well in the past two games (apart from a few crazy tackles today), so I'm not sure what to do. I suppose Guthrie could play on the right, or we could do a Barca and have a deep DM and two CM who just float :nile:

Smith was winning a hell of a lot of aerial battles in the centre circle today. I don't know if that was just down to Reading's lack of height but it was good to see.

I love the fact that we have a bit of depth in a position. :D

Guthrie/Barton at home. Smith/Barton-or-Guthrie away.

The centre-midfield has got stacks of depth and actually looks very strong in this league (so far). I hope we don't lose anyone and i hope Butt doesn't come back into the team. He doesn't deserve to as things stand cos these current players are here on merit. Infact, i'll conradict myself; i hope Butt goes. He's of no valuable worth imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

(One) of the problems with Barton and Smith is that they'll end up picking up suspensions. Smith can't help making stupid sliding tackles when he doesn't need to and Barton gets booked because he's Barton.

Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Smith and Butt offer plenty of cover in this league

(One) of the problems with Barton and Smith is that they'll end up picking up suspensions. Smith can't help making stupid sliding tackles when he doesn't need to and Barton gets booked because he's Barton.

Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Smith and Butt offer plenty of cover in this league

Its a passable list for the championship, but if you take Barton and Smith out of it ..........

Guest Phil K

Thought he was our best player yesterday.

Is your avater the Free Trade ? If I've got a local, its that one. I'm in there more often than any other bar.