Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

:lol: Do you really not get it? How Barton's comments add to the perceived turmoil therefore affecting everyone at Newcastle, players/team/fans etc. It's like he's putting out a fire with gasoline as the saying goes, he's NOT helping!

The only way that the comments made by Barton add to the perceived turmoil is when people over react to them.

They were clearly inflammatory comments. Yet another pathetic attempt to get the fans on his "side".

:lol: Do you really not get it? How Barton's comments add to the perceived turmoil therefore affecting everyone at Newcastle, players/team/fans etc. It's like he's putting out a fire with gasoline as the saying goes, he's NOT helping!

The only way that the comments made by Barton add to the perceived turmoil is when people over react to them.

They were clearly inflammatory comments. Yet another pathetic attempt to get the fans on his "side".

How would comments like that get fans on his side? Fucks sake

How would comments like that get fans on his side? f***s sake

"pathetic attempt". He seems to think he is leading some kind of revolution and wants us to help overthrow the evil dictator.

Guest Haris Vuckic

''Joey, this is Dekka, pipe down or Mike's big security guard is going to split your arse cheeks, understood''

IMO there is something going on with Jonas aswell, he hasn't just pulled his name out of the hat.

If there's a club that wants to pay decent money for him, I'd bring him on a bicycle myself.

From reading that one, it sounds as if he wants away as well no but would stay if no good offer came in. My opinion only and I hope he genuinly wants to stay and will.

Joey Barton insists he has no intention of following Kevin Nolan through the exits at Newcastle.

The Magpies midfielder has aired his disappointment at learning of the news that Nolan is undergoing a medical at West Ham and is closing on a move to the capital.

He joked on Twitter that he could be among those offloaded by Alan Pardew in the next few weeks, with his future having generated plenty of speculation of late.

Barton, though, claims that he will not be pushing for a switch elsewhere and maintains that he is happy at St James' Park.

"I love the football club, without a shadow of a doubt, and I think everyone knows that," he told Sky Sports News HD.

"I have a great working relationship with the manager and a lot of the other players, obviously the other senior players who have been through the ups and downs - the likes of myself, Kevin Nolan, Stevie Harper, Smudger (Alan Smith).

"I have got no ambitions to leave the football club, I don't want to leave the football club, and I would love nothing more than to win a trophy at Newcastle."

Joey Barton Quotes of the week

Ambitions

"It's a difficult situation and I totally understand the club's point of view, but on the flip side it's hard for me to get drawn into it.

"I am an employee of the football club and I have to go back and do a job in the summer. As far as I know I will go back to Newcastle United and play until my contract runs out and they tell me I am no longer needed.

"I have got no ambitions to leave the football club, I don't want to leave the football club, and I would love nothing more than to win a trophy at Newcastle. Whether I get the opportunity to do that is out of my hands.

"I am an employee of the football club and if they choose to do something, I would be foolish not to listen to it. If I'm not wanted then I believe greatly in my ability and I would have to re-evaluate my options.

"That's the situation we are at at the minute. If that's the situation in a month's time then I will report back for pre-season training, if it's not then it's not.

"It's all hypothetical at the minute and I'm just trying to keep myself in shape and get myself ready for a league campaign with Newcastle United next season."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6991026,00.html

Barton's my favourite player we have at the moment, but he's acted like a fucking idiot in this circumstance, something which he has shown affinity for in the past. If I was an average employee being paid far above my worth, there is little chance I would be openly antagonistic with my employers. Honestly, I hope we don't give this bastard a new contract and he ends up at Wolves. Too much hassle. Too little return.

IMO there is something going on with Jonas aswell, he hasn't just pulled his name out of the hat.

If there's a club that wants to pay decent money for him, I'd bring him on a bicycle myself.

Jonas actually puts forth effortful performances on a fairly consistent basis, so it might be worth opening our accounts for him.

Jonas actually puts forth effortful performances on a fairly consistent basis, so it might be worth opening our accounts for him.

effort alone isn't enough. i think some are allowing his last few performances cloud their view of his longer term form.

John McEnroe

Are people serious in wanting Jonas away? I actually can't believe it my self. It's that woeful.

I've often wondered what Jonas would be like with more quickness and creativity around him.  Now that we are bringing some into the squad it would be madness to let him go.  I don't get to see every game here in the states but of the games I do see, Jonas gets doubled a lot.  With more quality around him he could really shine.  People complain about lack of end product but unfortunately sometimes the only outlet he has had has been a back pass to Enrique.

:kinnear:

Sure, I'll take your dog with me.

I'm not too bothered by what Barton has said - he's merely suggesting what most of us are thinking anyway. At least he has the balls to speak out, rather than take his dosh and keep quiet like some of the others do.  He can obviously see the dressing room being gutted by Ashley (selling of the senior players) and this could have major ramifications for next season - especially if it all goes tits up. Ashley is playing a very dangerous game and it's funny that these things are happening now, when the season ticket deadline has passed.... Coincidence? I think not!

I'd be far far more disappointed if Jonas was moved on. He'd be far more difficult to replace. His final 3rd is severely lacking but he's such an outlet at times.

I don't think players on twitter should talk about club matters but then again its probably a big reason why I follow him.