Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

The term 'intelligent' has been used on here in connection with joey. Anyone still think so ?

I work with some very very intelligent/knowlegdeable people, yet most of them have absolutely no common sense whatsoever, Joey would be like them imho.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Did all these top players ur mentioning also play out of their natural position like I did?? #justsaying haha......something to think about

If he was playing in his "natural position" he'd have been 20% as good as he was.

He's lost the plot like... getting a Twitter account was about the worst thing he could have done. Complaining he was playing with Kuqi? Howay Joey, how many seconds was he on the pitch? And having a go at Parker, widely thought of as one of the players of the season - equally stupid.

If this is what happens when players are open and honest I'm glad most of them don't say anything.

He's lost the plot like... getting a Twitter account was about the worst thing he could have done. Complaining he was playing with Kuqi? Howay Joey, how many seconds was he on the pitch? And having a go at Parker, widely thought of as one of the players of the season - equally stupid.

If this is what happens when players are open and honest I'm glad most of them don't say anything.

Exactly this.  Barton needs to wind his neck in.

Guest schmuck

The term 'intelligent' has been used on here in connection with joey. Anyone still think so ?

I think he's more erudite in person, but I don't see how any of this displays a lack of intelligence, unless you think sharing your opinions on football does so? If that's the case then at least he hasn't joined a forum especially to do it eh!

People getting their knickers in a twist, man. :lol:

Don't get what you mean, should we not be discussing this unless we love it?

No, but as he says you shouldn't be getting your knickers in a twist. It's just a man giving his thoughts, it doesn't affect anything.

From todays Independant

Joey Barton yesterday ridiculed suggestions that Scott Parker was a better player than him. Barton was writing on Twitter and defending his recent claim that he was the best English midfielder.

The Newcastle United player had told French magazine So Foot in April that he was the best of his compatriots. Yesterday a Twitter user suggested that Parker and Jack Wilshere were better than Barton, and while Barton admitted the class of Arsenal's 19-year-old, he dismissed claims that Parker was his superior. "Wilshere is class and is goin [sic] to be an infinitely better player than me, no doubt about it," Barton conceded, "but Parker come on."

Despite West Ham's relegation, Parker was lauded for his performances last season, leading the Football Writers' Association to make him their player of the season and Fabio Capello to select him in three England internationals this year. Barton, though, insisted that he was better, pointing to the fact that Parker's club finished bottom of the Premier League. "He's not in my league", Barton wrote, "...FACT he s [sic] actually in the championship." Barton also pointed to the games between Newcastle and West Ham last season: "Did I not dismantle him twice, think it was 2-1 at their place, 5-0 at ours!! And they were easily relegated #justsaying."

When asked to explain his absence from the England squad, Barton explained that "we all know that's political and not professional".

Barton's comments were not wholly negative, though. He praised Spurs' Luka Modric and Arsenal's Samir Nasri as the two best players in England last season. "Modric and Nasri were the best two players I played against in the league," he wrote. "I put Modric out in front as the best by quite some distance... miles ahead of me in my opinion."

Just digging a deeper hole tbh and opening himself up for the snipers ,admire his honesty but Joey keep it shut for a bit  ;D

I agree with everything he said TBF and i normally do.

He still should not say it though. He won't change.

Guest neesy111

Only idiots think Parker had a good season.

Guest neesy111

barton is a right fucking twat.

Really needs to shut up, think he'll be getting a survere reprimand by the club today.

he did have a good season.

Hmm, not sure, what do you think?

:facepalm:

The Parker hype is embarrassing. Such an average player, who had a half decent season surrounded by shite.

he's been overhyped I agree by the English media and I've said more than once he was just looking brilliant by comparison to those around him but he still did well for West Ham and frankly while 1st half of the season Barton was better not so sure 2nd half

why is everyone digging at barton? you have to realise that you have to have a certain arrogance to make it to the top in most things. maybe he shouldn't put it out in public, but if these rants stop all the other stupid things he does let him get on with it.

He is better than parker, easily in my mind. he starred in our side out of position all of last season, the guy is a class player.

why is everyone digging at barton? you have to realise that you have to have a certain arrogance to make it to the top in most things. maybe he shouldn't put it out in public, but if these rants stop all the other stupid things he does let him get on with it.

He is better than parker, easily in my mind. he starred in our side out of position all of last season, the guy is a class player.

Don't think anyone disagrees with that, but it's the putting it out in public that makes him look like a mental case.

Guest LJA0210

Jack Wilshire bigs himself up daily on twitter dont see the media jumping all over him do you?