Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Mantis

so cabaye's replaced two players? one of which was our top scorer? and marveaux (who's got a terrible injury record) and ben arfa (who's coming back from a career threatening injury) make it alright to lose nolan and barton? what kind of crack are you smoking?

I've blown smoke up your Mum's arse crack, does that count?

We have three new players in midfield and we've lost two, to put it a lit bit more simply for you. IMO Cabaye is better by far than Barton and Ben Arfa will be better than Nolan. Throw Marv into that and all-together, the squad in that area is improved.

I'm laughing at this. No-one knows yet how Cabaye is going to do, as the lads is unproven. I'll say not (and feel safe in saying it) that as good as he could be, he won't replace Nolan's goal threat. As for Ben Arfa, he hasn't played 5 games for us yet so he needs a run too to see if he can adapt to the PL.

And again, the squad is currently weaker than the one that started last season. Why can't some people see the bigger picture rather than focusing their ire on Barton?

It seems far easier for some to pin their hopes on Cabaye, while forgetting the key contributions made by others last season. He's using twitter, hang him! I'd sooner see the three at the top swinging.

Though it's no surprise to see people turning on yet another of our best players from last season and ignoring the real issues. To butcher a cliché, airing your dirty laundry in public isn't clever but stopping doing so doesn't suddenly make your laundry clean.

Ashley and Llambias must be pissing themselves at how easy it is.

You have to be fucking kidding me. I thought you were one who said Ashley is all about the money. You think they'll be laughing at releasing a player on a free?

Think of the wages we'll save.

So we've made more money than we've spent this summer after selling Carroll for £35m in January, we're struggling to get a striker in we're desperate for, we've agreed to sell our only other natural right winger, we've got hardly any transfer money to spend by the looks of it, and we've got a month to address all of this and we've released one of our best players.

Part of me thinks this is what he wanted all along.

Agree.

Couldn't even get any money for him, because he was saying he would refuse to leave.

So had to release him now, rather than next season.

Think this is what he was aiming for.

Though it's no surprise to see people turning on yet another of our best players from last season and ignoring the real issues. To butcher a cliché, airing your dirty laundry in public isn't clever but stopping doing so doesn't suddenly make your laundry clean.

You have to be f***ing kidding me. I thought you were one who said Ashley is all about the money. You think they'll be laughing at releasing a player on a free?

They will if they didn't have to pay off his last year of his contract. They wanted rid of the player anyway so it's an easy solution.

You have to be f***ing kidding me. I thought you were one who said Ashley is all about the money. You think they'll be laughing at releasing a player on a free?

Unless that's a mutual termination, we gotta pay him his remaining wages.

Logic has eaten itself like one of them weird black holes.

We'll not save any - surely we'll have to pay off the rest of his contract if we're terminating it?

So we've made more money than we've spent this summer after selling Carroll for £35m in January, we're struggling to get a striker in we're desperate for, we've agreed to sell our only other natural right winger, we've got hardly any transfer money to spend by the looks of it, and we've got a month to address all of this and we've released one of our best players.

Says alot of what is really wrong at the club.

I would imagine it's the former.

May be able to sack him for some sort of misconduct I guess.

If he's been released then MAshley is a man of principles. That's the only conclusion I could understand. Would be f***ing ridiculous!

A man of principles wouldn't seal a deal on a shake of the hands and go back on it.