Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm waiting for Pardew's comment that we 'might need one more player in'... Does he think we started the transfer window with a +6 player handicap?

'we had a situation with one player where we had to let him go, for certain reasons, and obviously not getting a fee for him meant we could only replace him with certain players who we didnt feel would be good enough for noocarsull'

Guest Chubby Jason

Someone need to get Smith on this twitter bandwagon, that would be the easiet way to get rid of him

Smith will play 20+ games next season at this rate.

People having a go at Barton and Enrique for coming out on twitter.

The bigger picture is the reason WHY they have to come out.

Every club in the country has players on twitter, we're the only one who's players speak out against the board, there is good fucken reason for that.

Barton, Nolan, Carroll and Enrique gone, that is a significant part of how we stayed in this league.

Using the rift between the fans and the owner to try and get a new deal. It's too convenient for them. Too easy.

No, I think his brilliant performances all last season was his justification for a new contract.

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

At least find the right thread of ill-informed generalising.

Ian, they've got his wages off the books, which is one of the main reasons Pardew was brought in if we're to believe Golfmag (i see no reason not to since he was absolutely right about Pardew coming in ages before time). He will not be replaced by anyone, money saved.

Guest Geordiesned

No one person is bigger than Newcastle United Football Club. Well unless your name is Mike fucking Ashley or Derek cunting Llambias that is!

Yes Barton has probably been stupid but the fact is him, Enrique and Routledge wouldn't have been tweeting negative things about the club (and Nolan slating them in the press) if we didn't have a couple of useless, clueless liars in charge!