Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

#NUFC officials met Joey Barton this morning and told him he can leave on a free transfer. Club statement to follow.

f***ing hell. Does anyone think we'll replace him? Have my doubts. Absolutely ridiculous.

Of course we won't.

Can't wait to see this decision being defended.

Been going on all day.

No fault on Joey's part in this?

Perhaps a more intelligent/subservient individual would have kept his gob shut, but by no means did it have to come to this.

f***ing hell. Does anyone think we'll replace him? Have my doubts. Absolutely ridiculous.

Of course we won't.

Can't wait to see this decision being defended.

Been going on all day.

No fault on Joey's part in this?

See my earlier comment. I can't see how things being out in public changes anything. Sure it's unprofessional but if this was going to happen it was going to happen. It's really no different from Llambias giving comments to the Express all the time despite that statement I posted earlier assuring everyone that wouldn't happen.

Guest Chubby Jason

p*ss off Joey and take Enrique with you.

Yep. I can't wait to see them replaced with no one and no one.

Is there any actual confirmation of this, or just some twitter journo dickhead?

If this is true, it's fucking madness. Love him or hate him, he adds more to our squad than most others, so why the fuck would you just get rid like that? Fucking dire.

Correct decision IMO. He's an idiot.

f*** off, man :lol: The correct decision to release one of our best bloody players because he dares to criticise the bucknuts in charge? We're a bloody shambles yet again.

To be honest, the correct decision is to sell him earlier.

You gotta think again about Barton's case.  The root of the problem is his contract renewal.  Does he worth a 2 year extension with the same level of wages? If your answer is yes, no problem.  If your answer is no, then just like what's happening now - Barton refused to sign and start "twittering".  After so many damages the only way is to release him.

I know this is a big IF but, would Barton do the same even if it's not Ashley/Llambias in charge?

My guess is yes, he would do the same, given his glorious record.

This is all part of a power struggle, everyone who was the "team" that kept Newcastle in the league, everyone of Hughton's soldiers are being fucked off in order go give Pardew full control.