Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

So if he does leave on a free, does that mean they will have to dip into the Carroll money to compensate for the loss of the transfer fee.

We spent all £35m of that on the agent fee's and signing on fee's for our free transfers.

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

At least find the right thread of ill-informed generalising.

Ian, they've got his wages off the books, which is one of the main reasons Pardew was brought in if we're to believe Golfmag (i see no reason not to since he was absolutely right about Pardew coming in ages before time). He will not be replaced by anyone, money saved.

Aye, but that's just an effect, it's clear that Barton brought this into the public domain and brought the situation to a head. Unless Llambias is secretly running his twitter account.

oh come ON man, it's not just an effect for gods sake.

Well that's impossible to know, I'm just saying I don't think every decision at NUFC is made with reference to the wage bill. It's obviously a factor, but Joey has made his position untenable.

What a load of absolute shite this entire affair is. Bunch of dicks all round but, once again, it shows that the club would sooner ship out a player who's causing any sort of problem - than try and salvage a compromise and keep the best players at the club. Whether it's contractual disputes or public slagging, just ship em out. Who gives a shit about the football? We'd save money anyway.

Quite surprised they're letting him go for nowt; it's obvious they've had enough of him dragging their name through the mud, but it's not like they're in a position to salvage any credibility. Whether it was right or wrong, all Barton's done is publicise what people already know.

Bollocks state of affairs. Gutted he's going. If he isn't replaced i'll be foaming.

Guest Heneage

What's the point? :lol: They might as well let him go.

Because to let him go you have to agree a compensation deal. You either pay him up or find a fee he agrees too. List him for diddly squit and you essentially pay nothing.

Makes more sense that they'd just transfer list him for £0. Otherwise they'dve had to pay him off. This is a lot more MA/DL.

I wish Joey would stay and just milk them for all they're worth. But I guess that means he'll just sit, not playing football for a year. Not good for his career.

Why do you want a player to damage the club?

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

Ian, they've got his wages off the books, which is one of the main reasons Pardew was brought in if we're to believe Golfmag (i see no reason not to since he was absolutely right about Pardew coming in ages before time). He will not be replaced by anyone, money saved.

Aye, but that's just an effect, it's clear that Barton brought this into the public domain and brought the situation to a head. Unless Llambias is secretly running his twitter account.

Well that's impossible to know, I'm just saying I don't think every decision at NUFC is made with reference to the wage bill. It's obviously a factor, but Joey has made his position untenable.

Disagree, difficult but not 'untenable'. Not by any stretch.

Because to let him go you have to agree a compensation deal. You either pay him up or find a fee he agrees too. List him for diddly squit and you essentially pay nothing.

Apart from his wages until anyone comes for him?

Disagree, difficult but not 'untenable'. Not by any stretch.

Well true, it was possible there was a way back. But bearing in mind who is in charge of the club, and that he was already leaving soon anyway, this was the most likely outcome.

Guest Heneage

Yes but I'd be surprised if someone doesn't come in for him. It's cheaper trust me.

I reckon Barton will now say that he is staying, regardless of the club making him available for free. What might change the picture is if Pardew is told he is not to pick him for the first time, so forcing Barton's hand. If he wants to play football, he will have to leave.

Ashley and Llambias laughing their tits off and also lapping up the support from the apologists. :(

Yes but I'd be surprised if someone doesn't come in for him. It's cheaper trust me.

He has to agree to go though :pow: