Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he wants to go, then you have to wonder WHY he wants to go. It's my guess that he just doesn't feel there's owt to hang around for under Ashley. It seems we've a frustrated, disgruntled group of players. We've became a club that's unable to attract decent, established players, but a club also determined to lose the decent players it has. I say established players because those signings new to the English game  might turn out to do well, let's hope so, but we need established premier league experience to compliment them.

Either Barton calculated that this would happen and has been stirring it up deliberately, or he's an absolute idiot for tweeting the stuff he did.

He has shown zero respect for the supporters he pretends to love and respect. The Club should have banned twitter months ago - two week fine for any club business discussed on twitter.

OptaParody Opta Parody

0 - The amount of good decisions Mike Ashley has made since his takeover of #NUFC , I can't see that stat changing anytime soon. Clueless

:lol:

i asked edmundsson what the crack was... He said.. " who cares.. this club is a f***ing joke" and rekkons hes off to play in sweden.

:lol: really?

yeh... not a happy lad... already searching for clubs in sweden. At least theres some canny minge there.

i asked edmundsson what the crack was... He said.. " who cares.. this club is a f***ing joke" and rekkons hes off to play in sweden.

:lol: really?

yeh... not a happy lad... already searching for clubs in sweden. At least theres some canny minge there.

:lol:

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I'm hearing Joey Barton has been released

WTF? :lol:

To be fair he's been outside licking windows all afternoon.

Lee Ryder broke the news first didn't he? It's dinho lad that's been licking the windows outside.

Barton has been angling for this ever since signing up for twitter. No intention of giving 100% for the final year of his highly paid contract despite all the big talk. I'm amazed so many people are ignoring this  despite Ashley bashing being the easy option.

Why would he be angling for a move when it is unlikely that someone will come in and pay him the wages that he is already on?

I'd have thought it'd be unlikely with Nolan, but he actually managed to get a fucking pay rise on a 5 year contract :kasper:  Barton will already know through his agent what people are prepared to pay him, maybe West Ham fancy another milestone around their necks.

I've just heard about this. On one hand all he said was what the supporters were thinking, but also it's worth noting that the transfer window isn't close yet and most clubs haven't concluded or even started their serious business. The same could very well be for us. Also you just can't go around saying things about the owners and expect to get away scot free. The owner is the same owner who stood by Barton when he went to prison and if I'm right then he's also the guy who brought him here after a terrible year or two at City where he was getting into the papers for all the wrong things. Rightly or wrongly Barton should have raised his concerns with the owners himself and if nothing was done about then he should have looked to leave and not said anything until he did so.

It's a bold move by Ashley and no matter what actions he took with Barton he would have a group of supporters on his back about the matter.