Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If there is one thing he doesn't do is hide on the football pitch. This inspires confidence in those around him and is a key reason to him being so important.

he hid for quite a lot of the relegation season and the start of our promotion season.

He clearly wasnt fit BOTHERED at all at the start of last season.

fyp

So you think he was fit?

fit enough not to play as carp as he did. so much so that one point i thought he was deliberatly passing to the oppo to get a move.

Guest Heneage

Like Nolan, he's been a big miss.

:thup:

I think you're in denial about the importance of Nolan.

I just don't rate him. At all. When he doesn't score, he offers NOTHING. And nothing anybody says will change my opinion.

People have short memories and forget his complete no show when he came to the club in January of the relegation season - that's what it's like when he doesn't score.

We can't afford a passenger in the team - and before anyone harps on about Guthrie or Smith, I don't care who the alternatives are, it doesn't make him a better player.

So those 6 months now dictate his ability and what he offers right now? As it stands he offers goals, you seem to be sorely undervaluing those right now, we've scored 3 in 3, but 2 of those were draped in luck and 1 was a semi decent move. Is he the best midfielder in the clubs history? No, not even the last 5 years, but as it stands right this second he's in our best eleven without question.

If there is one thing he doesn't do is hide on the football pitch. This inspires confidence in those around him and is a key reason to him being so important.

he hid for quite a lot of the relegation season and the start of our promotion season.

That's true but not really relevant to us now Madras. I thought he was pretty shocking back then but this season and some of last he has turned it around bar the stupid suspension.

He started 6 games in the relegation season and 6 last season before injury. So if you call being injured "hiding", I guess you're right.

Coincidentally, we won the first 2 games he started in 08-09 which were our first wins in 8 (and he wasn't hiding when he took the pen instead of Martins against West Brom). We were W4 D1 L1 in the games he played at the start of last season (the draw and the defeat were away at the other 2 teams that got promoted, 2 of the wins were against 4th and 5th) but in the next 5 after his injury we went W1 D2 L2.

He's a massive miss.

He and Nolan refused to play for Hughton, neither are injured.

I just cant believe that when both have publically sung his praises and both are 'proper' players who want to play football.

I really can't.

I feel the same, unless they are both consummate actors or absolute cunts of unbelievable magnitude, I find this rumour hard to believe.

West Ham want him according to Friday's rags. £3-5m.

I imagine we'll jump at the chance tbh.

Aye. Ashley clearly didn't want to keep him when Keegan was in charge, and he'll point at the likes of Guthrie and Gosling and say that we don't need a replacement.

If we sell him without replacement we'll probably go down. He's out best midfielder, most creative player and a major factor in Carroll's success.

Take away all 3 of those things and we'd be about 18th right now, if not lower.

If we sell him without replacement we'll probably go down. He's out best midfielder, most creative player and a major factor in Carroll's success.

Take away all 3 of those things and we'd be about 18th right now, if not lower.

Gosling is the replacement mate. "Like a new signing".

West Ham want him according to Friday's rags. £3-5m.

I imagine we'll jump at the chance tbh.

Cant see it myself. West Ham look even more doomed than us. Although if Grant gets sacked and replaced by Hughton before the end of January, he might go.

Not advocating that we sell him, but £5m could be great business for him. With the way he's played this season it's easy to forget how often he's been injured.

I guess the question is can we get by with Gosling? If only we knew when HBA would return.