Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Irrespective of what's gone on over the past few weeks, I hope gets loads of support tomorrow. I think we'll really need his tenacity and ability this year. For me, him staying is also the difference between a poor and decent summer.

From The Journal

They will have even less knowhow if Pardew decides against including Barton – something the United boss admits is near the forefront of his thoughts at the moment.

The pair will meet before training today, with the Newcastle manager seeking reassurances Barton is committed.

He wants to know whether he is considering a move away – Zenit St Petersburg and Stoke were linked with him yesterday – and will not select the midfielder unless he receives reassurances.

“I am not sure he will start on Saturday in my mind, whatever answer he gives me (in the meeting),” Pardew said. “I want to be fair to the fans and I want to be fair to him and it is not like our relationship has broken down – our relations are pretty strong.

“I think he is in a better frame of mind. I think he is beginning to get his head around everything, but it is a difficult decision for him.

“The decision in front of Joey (pictured) is at the moment there is no contract on offer for him here – so does he take a longer contract elsewhere or does he stay and play for Newcastle and take that option later on in the season?

“I have offered Joey an olive branch to say ‘look Joey, I am not going to put you to one side and say I am not going to involve you in the club’

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/12/alan-pardew-nufc-will-survive-without-jose-enrique-61634-29222232/#ixzz1UoFNQn4t

IMHO that is cutting your nose off to spite your face ,ffs going into the first game of the season against a team who will probably be top 4 again at home with a chance to get off to a flyer and the confidence that will breed ,its a no brainer for me unless Barton says im off .

I'm curious if any team has actually attempted to sign "England's best midfielder" on a free.

there does seem a curious lack of interest, maybe more to do with wage demands than anything else despite him being free

I'm curious if any team has actually attempted to sign "England's best midfielder" on a free.

there does seem a curious lack of interest, maybe more to do with wage demands than anything else despite him being free

Wage demands, plus his constant issues for the lower clubs. As for the big clubs which his agent was gob-shiting about, I always said that Barton is quite slow and that's the main reason the top teams wouldn't be in for him. CL teams tend to have pace in most key areas.

Looks like he is playing tomorrow!

Says who?

In reply to appearing on Goals on Sunday - @chris_kammy sorry mate, what with the 5.30pm ko tomo, its a logistical nightmare to get down. Love the show, we'll come on in near future.

Looks like he is playing tomorrow!

Says who?

In reply to appearing on Goals on Sunday - @chris_kammy sorry mate, what with the 5.30pm ko tomo, its a logistical nightmare to get down. Love the show, we'll come on in near future.

Doesn't mean he's playing. Just means he's in the squad and i also thought first team players were expected to attend home games whether they were playing or not to support their team mates.