Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it is literally 100% that he isn't getting a new contract (even at the end of this current season), I'd rather he left now to be honest. Can only see him kicking off in a few months time.

As much as I like the bloke and rate him as a player, this is what I would prefer as well.

Vladimir Weiss close to leavign Man City apparently.

Wouldn't be a bad pickup of we lose Barton.

Might be off to Dynamo I think?

Talks of Wigan this morning on SSN as the Dynamo move stalled.

Guest Roger Kint

Weiss would be good enough for the first team. He won't come to us though.

He was in and out of Rangers team last season, played awful a few times i saw him.

Guest Stephen927

I think he's waiting to see what their training facilities are like, and to have a talk with Warnock about future signings. I don't think he'd risk signing for a team likely to go straight back down, otherwise he might as well stay here and leave on a free at the end of the season.

Weiss would be good enough for the first team. He won't come to us though.

He was in and out of Rangers team last season, played awful a few times i saw him.

saw him play against our reserves and as well as being the best player on the pitch he got booked for pushing the ref, perfect replacement for joey

I think he's waiting to see what their training facilities are like, and to have a talk with Warnock about future signings. I don't think he'd risk signing for a team likely to go straight back down, otherwise he might as well stay here and leave on a free at the end of the season.

Well whatever he sees at their training ground, they are likely to go straight back down.

Well whatever he sees at their training ground, they are likely to go straight back down.

Sure he's going to love supplying the ammo for deadly Jay Boothroyd and DJ fucking Campbell.

He's gone. This is just more public drama for the benefit of his fans in Newcastle to deflect from the fact he's signing for a mediocre team for a tasty contract rather than big 4 club that him and his agent were spouting about a few weeks ago.

After reading this I think it's as good as done. No chance of a u-turn tbh.

Queens Park Rangers boss Neil Warnock has thanked new owner Tony Fernandes for funding a move for Newcastle ace Joey Barton.

Barton is in talks with QPR over a possible switch to Loftus Road after Newcastle allowed the midfielder to travel to London to undergo a medical.

Warnock is keen to bring Barton on board and admits he is looking to land up to another five new faces before the transfer window slams shut next Wednesday.

"It shows how ambitious the chairman (Tony Fernandes) is. He listened to the players I would like to bring in and Joey was one of them."

Neil Warnock on his bid for Joey Barton Quotes of the week

"I think we're lucky to be looking at a player like that," said Warnock.

"It shows how ambitious the chairman (Tony Fernandes) is. He listened to the players I would like to bring in and Joey was one of them.

"We've just got down the line and we hope to bring in another four or five before next Wednesday night."

Admiration

Warnock is a huge admirer of Barton and admits he tried to sign him before when he was in charge of Sheffield United.

"Joey will be an outstanding player week in, week out," added Warnock.

"He is a super player and I've always like him. He knows that.

"I tried to sign him a couple of times, once at Sheffield United."

Warnock is hoping the Barton deal will be tied up in time for him to make his debut against Wigan this weekend.

"I don't think you can say that about any deal really until people sign," continued Warnock.

Good offer

"I am not getting my hopes up one way or another. We've made him a very good offer and I think Joey appreciates that.

"Although I hope Joey doesn't think we're going to pay him what some of the papers said we were going to pay him this morning.

"I think you always want to get them completed as soon as possible.

"I would like to bring in a couple before the weekend and that is what I am going to try and do."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11711_7123564,00.html

Same situation as it was when Nolan was about to sign for West Ham, I also hope it would brake down. Not as much as now obviously, though.

Always hate those pictures of our players arriving at other clubs for medicals - Milner, Given, Carroll, Nolan and now Barton.

My gran is class :lol: Just been talking to her about this

G: "So what is this I hear about Joey Barton? Going or not?"

JH: "He's away to QPR. Medical today"

G: "So why is he going?"

JH: "Because we don't want him anymore"

G: "But I thought he was good?"

JH: "He is"

G: "So what are we getting for him?"

JH: "Nothing"

G: "And what wage is he on?"

JH: "They're offering him 80k, he was like 60k or something here"

G: "And who's replacing him here?"

JH: "Nobody"

G: "So let me get this straight, we're letting a really good player go for nothing and not replacing him? Well that doesn't make much sense..."

:lol:

G: "So let me get this straight, we're letting a really good player go for nothing and not replacing him? Well that doesn't make much sense..."

:lol: :lol:

Her next question should be - If he's so good, how come he's ending up at QPR?

Her next question should be - If he's so good, how come he's ending up at QPR?

No. She's obviously smarter than that.