Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

:booboo:

Please

Or you could just stop commenting in it :lol:

(I'm not saying your opinions are wrong or anything like, but it would be a better solution to stop the debate than lock the thread)

Ok will do, I don't think I can take much more of it anyway.  :lol:

I already have and can't be arsed to do so again. The irony of you, who can't even understand your own posts, handing out a lecture on being able to read and write to a decent standard is clearly lost on you.

No you haven't, what am I defending? I posted a response to this nonsense

That implies that the current squad are somehow taking the p (sorry i can't post that as i'm at work) out of the fans. Sorry, but there hasn't been a newcastle side in recent memory who have "taken the p" less!

Am I defending Barton on something he didn't suggest, based on him being a better person? No wonder you want this locked  :idiot2:

“It’s all about power and control.

He continued: “At Newcastle I couldn’t take to the pitch and lie to the fans and be a part of it. You are doing it for yourself, the fans and the football club but if you fundamentally despise everything that the owners stand for it is very difficult.

"I am a man of principles, I am a very principled individual and for me taking money off fans and taking the p*** out of them is not what I am about.”

If Barton had stayed how would he be lieing to the fans? How would he be taking the p out of us? He's halfway intelligent i'll give you that, he's definately articulate. He's also a self obsessed fruitcake.

It would have been wiser for Llambias to say nothing, but what he said was right. At this particular time, it's a disgrace that we have a former player publicly complaining about not getting his bonus.

I think you're right he should he]ave said nothing but I disagree with your conclusion that he was publicly complaining about not getting his bonus.

Again, he gave an interview to a QPR fanzine, he chose not to sign the bonus sheet, thus he didn't get a bonus, his choice. Based on what he says were lies, undelivered promises, he mentions principles and says its about power and control.

How can that compute to publicly complaining about not getting a bonus?

You're splitting hairs a bit. Obviously he didn't sign the bonus offer because he didn't think it was enough. Effectively that is what he's complaining about. He's not saying that Ashley reneged on any previous offers - he's saying it wasn't enough.

This is a man who was earning over £2 million a year for playing football, and he's using his employer's reluctance to pay a sufficiently generous bonus on top of that, as evidence of how badly he was treated. He then introduces a sneering comparison with the employees of Sports Direct, most of whom have far less fulfilling jobs and who I daresay would probably dream of earning a fraction of his basic salary.

Joey is so wrapped up in his own world, and his own battles, that he seems unable to talk with any perspective on how his comments might sound to others. The fact that his comments have come out when people's attention is on more serious matters makes it even worse.

“It’s all about power and control.

He continued: “At Newcastle I couldn’t take to the pitch and lie to the fans and be a part of it. You are doing it for yourself, the fans and the football club but if you fundamentally despise everything that the owners stand for it is very difficult.

"I am a man of principles, I am a very principled individual and for me taking money off fans and taking the p*** out of them is not what I am about.”

If Barton had stayed how would he be lieing to the fans? How would he be taking the p out of us? He's halfway intelligent i'll give you that, he's definately articulate. He's also a self obsessed fruitcake.

Because as he says, he despises the people running the club and their lies. Self obsessed? Probably? Fruit cake, I don't think so, although he clearly still has moments where he loses it (MGP punch).

It would have been wiser for Llambias to say nothing, but what he said was right. At this particular time, it's a disgrace that we have a former player publicly complaining about not getting his bonus.

I think you're right he should he]ave said nothing but I disagree with your conclusion that he was publicly complaining about not getting his bonus.

Again, he gave an interview to a QPR fanzine, he chose not to sign the bonus sheet, thus he didn't get a bonus, his choice. Based on what he says were lies, undelivered promises, he mentions principles and says its about power and control.

How can that compute to publicly complaining about not getting a bonus?

You're splitting hairs a bit. Obviously he didn't sign the bonus offer because he didn't think it was enough. Effectively that is what he's complaining about. He's not saying that Ashley reneged on any previous offers - he's saying it wasn't enough.

This is a man who was earning over £2 million a year for playing football, and he's using his employer's reluctance to pay a sufficiently generous bonus on top of that, as evidence of how badly he was treated. He then introduces a sneering comparison with the employees of Sports Direct, most of whom have far less fulfilling jobs and who I daresay would probably dream of earning a fraction of his basic salary.

Joey is so wrapped up in his own world, and his own battles, that he seems unable to talk with any perspective on how his comments might sound to others. The fact that his comments have come out when people's attention is on more serious matters makes it even worse.

Splitting hairs? Not at all, I just disagree with your statement that he was complaining publicly that he didn't get his bonus. He was conducting an interview with a QPR fanzine wasn't he? In which he answered questions put to him?

He is suggesting Ashley reneged on things, not the bonus specifically mind - "They promised a number of things and delivered on very few."

He makes many points, that the entire players committee didn't think the offer was suitable so they advised not to sign it, that there were 10 self sufficient blokes (himself included), 20 odd egos (himself included), principles, power and control, that they're not subordinates in a tacky sportshop (uncouth yes, but as a self sufficient guy with an ego probably the norm).

The fact his comments have been reproduced by the press at a time he has no control over are nothing to do with him.

So has he publicly been whinging about not getting a bonus? It's quite clear to me no, he hasn't.

Is Joey Barton a self absorbed individual, self sufficient, with an ego and with principles more likely to forego his bonus (as he did) to show those in the boardroom where the power and control lies. Using the words from the interview, that's how I'd read into it and as we've seen he's quite happy to cut his nose off to spite his face.

It's no coincidence that I got sold — or rather I got given away. Andy Carroll was sold, Kevin Nolan was sold and Alan Smith has been told he's training with the reserves for the rest of his days.

Yes Joey, that's the reason Alan Smith doesn't get in the team.  :rolleyes:

The same Alan Smith who was on the bench last week?

Of course it is as long as you're not precious enough to think things are about you when they're not? I don't think I've even noticed you're thoughts apart from saying my opinion was shit and cheerleading on a post that was fundamentally flawed?

:lol:

Good stuff, you seem to be trying to be intelligently debate this absolute nonsense of topic. I haven't even bothered to articulate my thoughts.

In fact, I don't even know what you're cracking on about tbh. Except that you might be a bit of a Joey B fanboy? seem to remember you were singing his praises in a similar manner a couple of months back.

Guest ykmkmdd

Wise words from Pards:

Meanwhile, Pardew refused to be drawn into the ongoing war of words involving former midfielder Joey Barton after his latest outburst prompted managing director Derek Llambias to call in lawyers.

The manager said: "I keep asking myself why? Why does he keep cropping up? The team is doing exceptionally well but unfortunately Joey's comments take away the positive nature of what we are doing here in terms of the players' performances, which have been absolutely brilliant.

"Anybody who takes that limelight away from my players, I'm not particularly keen on, if I'm honest. It is a bit frustrating, but you have got to put it into the perspective of the week we are having, and it means nothing, really."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/01/newcastle-tribute-gary-speed-chelsea?

Wise words from Pards:

Meanwhile, Pardew refused to be drawn into the ongoing war of words involving former midfielder Joey Barton after his latest outburst prompted managing director Derek Llambias to call in lawyers.

The manager said: "I keep asking myself why? Why does he keep cropping up? The team is doing exceptionally well but unfortunately Joey's comments take away the positive nature of what we are doing here in terms of the players' performances, which have been absolutely brilliant.

"Anybody who takes that limelight away from my players, I'm not particularly keen on, if I'm honest. It is a bit frustrating, but you have got to put it into the perspective of the week we are having, and it means nothing, really."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/01/newcastle-tribute-gary-speed-chelsea?

:thup:

Wise words from Pards:

That's a hiding Joey, don't get up.

Joey bangs on about how he's changed so much and how he such a more mature person but quite frankly he's trading physical for verbal in terms of his outlet for whatever reason.  If had grown up as much as he said he has, he would keep his mouth shut and worry about his life, his family, and his career at QPR.  What really annoys me is that smug look he has on his face, where he thinks hes about 40 pegs higher and smarter than anyone he is speaking to.

Its like an addict really, kick drugs and then in exchange they are addicting to food or drink, but for joey - the man had a self destructing temper where he would lash out in anger using physical means, hes really just traded that out with this diarreah of the mouth.

Wise words from Pards:

He really does think he is some genius :lol: I think people (like myself) saw his interviews and have thought "hang on, he isn't actually a complete moron", people have said this to him and now he thinks he is some visionary :lol:

Barton is a complete bell end.  If I employed Willy McKay I would be ashamed and keep my head down.

Don't doubt Llambias and Ashley are not ruthless knuts, but Barton is almost as embarrassing as them two in a different way.

What do QPR fans think about all of his outbursts related to our club?

Guest TheSummerOf69

Wise words from Pards:

How to make a quick point but keep dignity intact in a very sad week.

Pards should give Llambias some lessons...