Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I found the whole Barton love-in at Harperl's testimonial totally dumfounding as well. He barely played for us over how many years he was with us and had what two good spells in his time here?

People are only saying they want the likes of him and Nolan back due to Pardew doing a piss poor job of what he's had at his disposal. Moving Nolan on for Cabaye was absolutely the right thing to do from a football perspective, but the manager hasn't been good enough to ensure our style of play has progressed to a level whereby players like Cabaye help us not just win matches but also play a style to match their ability.

Speaking out against Fat Cashley is a popular thing unsurprisingly.

I found the whole Barton love-in at Harperl's testimonial totally dumfounding as well. He barely played for us over how many years he was with us and had what two good spells in his time here?

People are only saying they want the likes of him and Nolan back due to Pardew doing a piss poor job of what he's had at his disposal. Moving Nolan on for Cabaye was absolutely the right thing to do from a football perspective, but the manager hasn't been good enough to ensure our style of play has progressed to a level whereby players like Cabaye help us not just win matches but also play a style to match their ability.

Spot on.

Yep. We were right to replace Barton. I think as time went on, he would have been more and more of a disruptive influence, especially under Pardew. Once Carroll went, I think the writing was on the wall for him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Barton is a waste of space, sooner he pisses off to prison for good the better. Anyone who wants him back is off their head.

:lol:

Reading were the home team...

I thought it was barton on the floor??

f***ing hell.

Should have gone to specsavers.

http://www.retro-cafe.com/60s/images/cast-magoo.jpg

Just to make you feel better....I thought my Sky was 5/6 minutes behind before. It turns out I forgot I had rewound it...

Reading were the home team...

I thought it was barton on the floor??

f***ing hell.

Err...me too! Still not convinced otherwise :lol:

Its Barton twice, like superman 3 where he fights his bad self.

For those who didn't see it, Guthrie was getting treatment on his groin, so Barton helped out by putting his boot on his balls. He didn't stamp on them or anything and Guthie laughed it off. Hilarious I know.

:thup:

For those who didn't see it, Guthrie was getting treatment on his groin, so Barton helped out by putting his boot on his balls. He didn't stamp on them or anything and Guthie laughed it off. Hilarious I know.

That's the reason I posted it. It's funny. If it wasn't funny he'd have been crucified all over the press by now. :dontknow:

Missed out the bottle throwing. :lol:

(Should be ok to post this. The only balls we are messing around here are not footballs.)