Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Phil K

I've lots of time for Joey. Blatantly have massive anger issues, mind. But still.

Despite it all, Ive found myself liking him. So much hypocritical crap from so many, with Barton you get something a little closer to honesty than usual from a footballer

He's a fraud imo. He plays the man of the people, common as muck character but refused to give up.his loyalty bonus at City despite assaulting one of their players and moved from us to an "ambitious" club who just happened to be offering him a ridiculous wage he wouldn't get close to from another club.

Guest neesy111

He's a fraud imo. He plays the man of the people, common as muck character but refused to give up.his loyalty bonus at City despite assaulting one of their players and moved from us to an "ambitious" club who just happened to be offering him a ridiculous wage he wouldn't get close to from another club.

:thup:

Guest palnese

I don't think he plays that role. I genuinely believe he sees himself as a man of the people. Afterall, he's a psychopath.

Guest bimpy474

Listening to Joey's radio thing, it's interesting but self indulgent about his time in prison. Bad as it may have been, he was in prison for duffing up a 15 year old child. Not a mention of his tantrum at Chris Hughton and his dropping to the bench before the W.B.A game in the Championship because of it, calling Hughton "not even a proper manager". Or his tantrum after being asked to let Cabaye take the set pieces at Leeds in a friendly.

Funny thing, he was sold by Man City for the same thing, violence and drinking and arrogant behaviour, then us, same thing, then Q.P.R. He can never see the connection between that and his subsequent, selling or being let go by clubs. It's always something else and not his own fault.

He never sees the reason for anything if they don't fit his victim mentality, saying that i still like him in a way. Shame he's such a cock really.

Guest bimpy474

He never sees the reason for anything if they don't fit his victim mentality...

Could be something to do with where he's from.  ;)

Ah yes :lol:

Listening to Joey's radio thing, it's interesting but self indulgent about his time in prison. Bad as it may have been, he was in prison for duffing up a 15 year old child. Not a mention of his tantrum at Chris Hughton and his dropping to the bench before the W.B.A game in the Championship because of it, calling Hughton "not even a proper manager". Or his tantrum after being asked to let Cabaye take the set pieces at Leeds in a friendly.

Funny thing, he was sold by Man City for the same thing, violence and drinking and arrogant behaviour, then us, same thing, then Q.P.R. He can never see the connection between that and his subsequent, selling or being let go by clubs. It's always something else and not his own fault.

He never sees the reason for anything if they don't fit his victim mentality, saying that i still like him in a way. Shame he's such a cock really.

His problem is that, now he's read a few books, he has started to see himself as some kind of James Dean style character, where his major weakness is him being "different" or other people not thinking on his level.

As you said, his actual major weaknesses have been violence - and in that occasion, against a child - alcohol abuse and arrogance.

The problem is, he will never see it that way - not when there's an "easier" way out for him, like ascribing his problems as due to the weaknesses of anyone else but himself.

During the 2010/11 season he was immense. The rest of his time here he was shit.

I'll always have time for him because I have a real soft spot for the team that got us promoted, but he does come across as a massive tit.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

If Joey Barton wasn't a criminal he wouldn't get half the attention that feeds his ego in the first place. It's a self serving omnishambles.

He makes me laugh at times mind.

Guest bimpy474

His problem is that, now he's read a few books, he has started to see himself as some kind of James Dean style character, where his major weakness is him being "different" or other people not thinking on his level.

As you said, his actual major weaknesses have been violence - and in that occasion, against a child - alcohol abuse and arrogance.

The problem is, he will never see it that way - not when there's an "easier" way out for him, like ascribing his problems as due to the weaknesses of anyone else but himself.

Aye, sums it up pretty well  O0

Guest bimpy474

I think that's a load of self righteous blame everyone else stuff. The players he lists, himself (nothing but trouble). Harper (Krul was the far better GK). Smith (just shite), Carroll (35m, i suppose we couldn't turn that down). Nolan (West ham are paying him mental wages now, and have to for 3 more years).

While i've no doubt Ashley's a control freak, anything Joey spews up i take with a pinch of salt for reasons i've stated a few posts up.

He isn't a Martinez type of player imo so I doubt Everton will go for him.

Strange on the OM front though. Thought he impressed well enough for them to get a permanent deal, especially with QPR eager to get rid.