Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

What are the rules, like? Are they not allowed to bet on games at all?

Likely he was betting against teams in the same county before 2014.  Since 2014 players and coaches can't bet on any game worldwide.

https://www.thepfa.com/players/betting/dont-bet-on-it

Put simply the main message for players is: 'You are not allowed to place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE.'

This covers any match or competition, wherever it is played in the world. It means you cannot bet on scores or results, or any other event that takes place in any match or competition.

It also means you cannot bet on any other football matter, worldwide – for example, who the next manager of a La Liga club will be.

So don’t fall foul of the rules and remember – you cannot place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE.

Guest neesy111

Put simply the main message for players is: 'You are not allowed to place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE.'

This covers any match or competition, wherever it is played in the world. It means you cannot bet on scores or results, or any other event that takes place in any match or competition.

It also means you cannot bet on any other football matter, worldwide – for example, who the next manager of a La Liga club will be.

So don’t fall foul of the rules and remember – you cannot place ANY bet on ANY football, ANYWHERE.

Those rules are from 2014 onwards, he's likely to have broken the previous rules as well.

Those rules are from 2014 onwards, he's likely to have broken the previous rules as well.

What did the previous rules state, no betting on own team or league?

Guest neesy111

It was along those lines.  Check the latter of below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28599142

You were not allowed to bet on any competition your team was involved in.

[emoji38]

I used to think he was a right t*** until he turned his former around for us in the championship and first season back in the premiership. Now I have a soft spot for him.

He's clearly a scrote though

He did next to nothing for us in the championship. We got 4 good month out of him in 4 years.

Guest firetotheworks

Such a weird phenomenon where people remember him being great in the Championship when he absolutely wasn't. I still maintain that he wasn't particularly good in the Premier League either tbh. I probably could have been made to look like Beckham with Andy Carroll to aim for, putting his head where most wouldn't put their feet.

Guest neesy111

[emoji38]

I used to think he was a right t*** until he turned his former around for us in the championship and first season back in the premiership. Now I have a soft spot for him.

He played like 15 games for us in the championship.

[emoji38]

He did next to nothing for us in the championship. We got 4 good month out of him in 4 years.

4 good months and a shitload of crap for the club to deal with like him going to prison and bad headlines in general.

When was the last time anyone talked about this pretentious cunt's football?

He still loves talking about himself, saw this the other week:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38241312

"I'm focussing on the future. I've still got that bit about me where I've got an enormous amount of credibility and clubs want me to come in.

"I've had big clubs picking up the phone and asking what I'm doing in January.

"It's a great time for me. It'll be nice to get a pair of football boots on in January and shut a few people up."

[emoji38] "I've got an enormous amount of credibility" [emoji38] :anguish:

Also his superfans might be disappointed to find out that he doesn't seem to think NUFC are a very big club:

"I haven't played for a super club in England, I wanted to experience a club of that size, with no disrespect to Burnley."

Such a weird phenomenon where people remember him being great in the Championship when he absolutely wasn't. I still maintain that he wasn't particularly good in the Premier League either tbh. I probably could have been made to look like Beckham with Andy Carroll to aim for, putting his head where most wouldn't put their feet.

:thup: