Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Talking's fine, but what happens when things start to go sour?  He doesn't exactly have control on his emotions at times.

Guest Howaythetoon

As shite as he was for us and as much as a gobshite as he is, I hope he does well for some reason. Brave career choice, he could be making money as a pundit or wait for a higher profile job, but he’s chosen lower league to cut his teeth so good luck to him.

He eventually turned his life around, probably got more chances than others and more than he deserved but eventually he turned his life around. Unfortunately for him it was too late for him to do better in his career.

As much as he can be a gobshite, he often does it by calling out the gobshites. Credit to him for willing to go down the league pyramid in order to get his chance at coaching, too many former players whinge about not being given the big jobs, and others get the big jobs when it’s not warranted. I hope he continues to turn his life around, and if this is what he wants to do then I wish him well. Atleast he’s trying to help others in their career and not happy to just sit around and do nothing.

Guest firetotheworks

It can work, but I'd bet anything on it not working with him. The moment he has even a slightly  talented but flawed player, or a player that needs anything other than someone 'telling it like it is' he's done. I can't imagine anyone less suited to football management than Joey Barton tbh.

Can see truth in the points made. Can’t help thinking that Alex Ferguson woukdn’t Have appeared the most well-adjusted character, either. Guess we’ll see how it pans out, just have a sense he might actually pull this off.

Funny seeing SSN post a Tweet from a few years ago yesterday, where he has a go at clubs going for big-name players saying just because they were top players won't make them a top manager. I know Barton wasn't a 'top' player but this appointment matches that. :lol: