Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Funny seeing SSN post a Tweet from a few years ago yesterday, where he has a go at clubs going for big-name players saying just because they were top players won't make them a top manager. I know Barton wasn't a 'top' player but this appointment matches that. :lol:

He does have a track record of being a bit of an expert in what other people should be doing, without applying the same standards to himself.

Of necessity, he's had to try and re-invent himself, so I hope he succeeds. But he'll now be handling a position of authority and responsibility, and that's a different challenge from criticising from the sidelines.

I'm with madras, when has he ever shown himself to be our best player?  I've never seen him play better than Smith did today.

And Smith was our MOM. Barton can create, something neither Nolan nor Smith can. He's a cunt but we need him.

Where did Heneage go to?

I hear Sol Campbell is furious. Or at least people are furious on his behalf.

The old racism card. So boring.

There was a journo on twitter saying he has it on good authority that Barton got the job without interviews taking place. Therefore it's not fair on Sol Campbell as he couldn't apply despite being better qualified.

Somebody rightly told him if there was no interviews, nobody could apply, so mentioning Sol was a pointless agenda. Muppets man.

Sol Campbell doesn't get a job because he's a total bellend. Didn't he stop playing for Arsenal because of stress? Hardly the right job for him being a manager or a mayor where you are under intense scrutiny.

• 11 months later...