Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

But he spoke out about Ashley so he's all cool even though he'd have happily signed a new contract under Ashley had we offered the same length of contract that QPR did. He's the worst person to ever represent the club.

Not even close but the answer is in your post.

Guest Howaythetoon

I will never understand how he’s seemingly fondly remembered by so many Toon fans because I thought not only was he a bang average player intotal and was for us especially, he missed more games than he played and did fuck all whe he did play. He’s a coward and the fact he played for us reminds me even more of just how shit we turned out post Sir Bobby. He’d be on of our shittest players today just as he was even in the Championship where IIRC he missed a lot of.

I will never understand how he’s seemingly fondly remembered by so many Toon fans because I thought not only was he a bang average player intotal and was for us especially, he missed more games than he played and did f*** all whe he did play. He’s a coward and the fact he played for us reminds me even more of just how s*** we turned out post Sir Bobby. He’d be on of our shittest players today just as he was even in the Championship where IIRC he missed a lot of.

Bang on. People rewrite history when it comes to Barton and us, simply because he wound up the Mackems.

I will never understand how he’s seemingly fondly remembered by so many Toon fans because I thought not only was he a bang average player intotal and was for us especially, he missed more games than he played and did fuck all whe he did play. He’s a coward and the fact he played for us reminds me even more of just how shit we turned out post Sir Bobby. He’d be on of our shittest players today just as he was even in the Championship where IIRC he missed a lot of.

:thup:

He was decent in that first season back up like, it's equally as common for people to pretend he was exclusively crap as it is for people to pretend he was brilliant. He was somewhere in between but obviously a strong character in the dressing room alongside Nolan and that was important in galvanising us during that era.

The Arsenal 4-4 is peak Joey Barton. Wound the hell out of Arsenal, got a player sent off, won a penalty. All the dirty off the ball stuff you'd do in Sunday League.

Guest firetotheworks

I will never understand how he’s seemingly fondly remembered by so many Toon fans because I thought not only was he a bang average player intotal and was for us especially, he missed more games than he played and did f*** all whe he did play. He’s a coward and the fact he played for us reminds me even more of just how s*** we turned out post Sir Bobby. He’d be on of our shittest players today just as he was even in the Championship where IIRC he missed a lot of.

:thup: Pleased to read that we finally agree on a footballer. :lol: