Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

I think if he was a yard quicker he'd be playing for England. He's got more vision and passing range than those in front of him.

He's quicker than Lampard. It's not all about pace if his vision and passing range is as good as you say.

I think if he was a yard quicker he'd be playing for England. He's got more vision and passing range than those in front of him.

He's quicker than Lampard. It's not all about pace if his vision and passing range is as good as you say.

Lampard seems to get into more dangerous areas but I don't think technique wise he's anywhere near as good as Barton.

Lampard seems to get into more dangerous areas but I don't think technique wise he's anywhere near as good as Barton.

Poor man's Nolan.

:fishing:

I think he's been a top player for us this season but eventually we will have to look beyond your Bartons if we are to progress further because ultimately I feel, despite his good form and key role in our side, he is still and always will be an average Premier League midfielder. That said he is more than good enough for us at current and long may his good form continue.

Behave. He's been better than Gerrard all season. You're basically saying that to progress we're going to have to sign the top 11 players in Europe.

Was never a red that tackle on Alonso.  :huff:

it was like :lol:

Completely unecissary scissor challenge by the corner flag, you cannot ridicule de jong and claim bartons was ok tbh

Barton got the ball and it was not a two footed lunge. A yellow, maybe, but a red? Not in a million years if he'd not been Joey Barton.

I think he's been a top player for us this season but eventually we will have to look beyond your Bartons if we are to progress further because ultimately I feel, despite his good form and key role in our side, he is still and always will be an average Premier League midfielder. That said he is more than good enough for us at current and long may his good form continue.

Behave. He's been better than Gerrard all season. You're basically saying that to progress we're going to have to sign the top 11 players in Europe.

This. Only reason we'd need to replace Barton is if off-field troubles come into play again. Ability-wise he's more than ready to help us move up the league just as much as Colo, Jose, AC.

Was never a red that tackle on Alonso.  :huff:

Completely unecissary scissor challenge by the corner flag, you cannot ridicule de jong and claim bartons was ok tbh

Barton got the ball and it was not a two footed lunge. A yellow, maybe, but a red? Not in a million years if he'd not been Joey Barton.

could say the exact same about de jongs

:lol:

Was never a red that tackle on Alonso.   :huff:

could say the exact same about de jongs

No, you couldn't. De Jong's tackle was blatantly vicious, did not get the ball and was not one footed in the slightest. Only real similarity is that they were both tackles on a football pitch.

Bothroyd gets called up, I think it's fair to say he deserves one.

In that Sky Sports interview he openly criticised Capello's selection policy. I don't think he'll be picked on that basis alone.

Never thought he had that kind of pass in him. Always just thought he was a typical 'allround' English midfielder, jack of all trades but master of none - and after his previous 3 years at the club you can see why I thought that.

Does have genuine class about him though, showing it now.