Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There must be a reason Guthrie's not getting a game for Reading.

Probably faking injuries and all that, the usual conspiracy reasons.

Couldn't give a flying fuck personally as he doesn't play for us anymore and the team he does play for are shit and will have little/no consequence on our season.

He's not getting a game at Reading and would be 6th choice behind Tiote, Cabaye, Perch, Bigi and Anita. No thanks.

He would have started today IMO.

Midfield is one of the biggest disappointments for me this season.

Abeid, Marveaux, and Amalfitano appear to have disappeared completely.

Vuckic out for the season.

Jonas looks a shadow of what he was this time last year.

Tiote has been utterly reckless and is now paying for it.

Cabaye has been inconsistent.

And our one major signing from Ajax cannot dislodge James Perch from the starting line up. Only Bigirimana has really exceeded expectations

Theres not much doubt Guthrie would add something to that bunch.

He's not getting a game at Reading and would be 6th choice behind Tiote, Cabaye, Perch, Bigi and Anita. No thanks.

He would have started today IMO.

Midfield is one of the biggest disappointments for me this season.

Abeid, Marveaux, and Amalfitano appear to have disappeared completely.

Vuckic out for the season.

Jonas looks a shadow of what he was this time last year.

Tiote has been utterly reckless and is now paying for it.

Cabaye has been inconsistent.

And our one major signing from Ajax cannot dislodge James Perch from the starting line up. Only Bigirimana has really exceeded expectations

Theres not much doubt Guthrie would add something to that bunch.

Tbf that's because Perchy is fucking class.

I'd have been disappointed to see him start ahead of any of those.

Why? He's better than Perch and Anita hasn't settled yet for whatever reason.

I agree that I wouldn't take him back btw, but I'd have likely played him today.

Yeah, ON is being a bit silly.

• 5 months later...
Guest Roger Kint

I liked him, thought he'd do better at Reading, guess this was it for him, his best days.

Its a good lesson for Simpson what happens when you reach for more and end up losing out. He will sign for a promoted team no doubt and end up in the same boat.

I liked him, thought he'd do better at Reading, guess this was it for him, his best days.

Its a good lesson for Simpson what happens when you reach for more and end up losing out. He will sign for a promoted team no doubt and end up in the same boat.

Indeed, although I think Guthrie is better than Simpson (obviously not in direct comparison).

Simpsons on return has been ok IMHO. A lot better than the one we saw before the transfer window. He's decent backup (i wouldnt have said that before his injury) but he wants more than that and probably just about deserves it.

Guest firetotheworks

He can take corners that aren't exclusively shit. That's pretty much the only difference he'd have made imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Indeed, although I think Guthrie is better than Simpson (obviously not in direct comparison).

Agreed, was just comparing their leaving us for 'better' things. Cant see Danny S doing a great deal better, suppose Watford will need mercanaries if they come up

He would've helped personally... Reminds me a little bit when the majority wanted rid of Lee Clark out the first team (no pace/goals etc) then when he's gone you realise what he did... Comparing him to his replacement he has a better range of passing than Anita and better at dead balls and tracking back...

Guest icemanblue

This is the sort of thread bumping that Pardew's management has led to. I fully expect a Nolan thread to be bumped if we lose next week.

Things Pardew is to blame for, No. 498: Bumping of threads on Internet forum.