Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like him, think he has a lot of talent but he has absolutely no engine! I have mates who play Sunday league football still pissed who can run around more than Guthrie.

Do we not have any fitness coaches? Some of our players fitness levels are fucking shocking.

I'm not sure it's fitness with Guthrie, he doesn't seem to run out of steam from what I've seen.

He's just a very poor natural athlete, no burst to him whatsoever.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous having him on the wing.

If you could describe Guthrie as a Midfield Boss or a Midfield Bitch which would it be? I think it's usually the case that the midfielder opposite makes him his bitch so that's how I see it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/huge-difference-between-coloccini-guthrie-wages-newcastle-634061

According to that article Guthrie is only earning 4.000 Pounds a week. Don't know if true but if true than he should get a new contract with a better salary imo. Not that I would support those massive wages of footballers but 4000 a week is even less than what Simpson earns here.

There is a chasm in wages between Newcastle United teammates Fabricio Coloccini and Danny Guthrie.

The Mirror says Guthrie has exposed the massive gulf in players’ wages at table topping Newcastle United.

The midfielder was forced to reveal in court this week that he earned £4,000 a week.

And that means it takes him FIVE MONTHS to earn what Argentine defender Coloccini banks in a week.

Guthrie had to go public with his pay packet after being caught for speeding. He was fined £500 and given four points on his licence, after magistrates demanded to know how much he earned and spent. His outgoings were said to be £6,000 a month.

The huge disparity in pay levels between first team stars at St James’s Park means that Coloccini, signed for £12million from Deportivo La Coruna on £80,000 a week, and Guthrie are worlds apart in terms of earnings - but still expected to do a job to get United promoted.

I like him, think he has a lot of talent but he has absolutely no engine! I have mates who play Sunday league football still pissed who can run around more than Guthrie.

Do we not have any fitness coaches? Some of our players fitness levels are f***ing shocking.

Amazed that Hughton and co haven't thought along this line - plenty of us are very concerned at this.

Maybe they have, and don't have the push or authority to MAKE them

Guest neesy111

BTW, if he's earning £4K a week, what on earth is he doing spending £200K on a Lambourghini?

if colocini is on 80k a week we should of shot of no matter how good or not he is

Guest johnson293

BTW, if he's earning £4K a week, what on earth is he doing spending £200K on a Lambourghini?

if colocini is on 80k a week we should of shot of no matter how good or not he is

Can't believe Colo is on £80k/week - After the recent reports of lowering wages, and a new wages 'ceiling' being implented, I think he would have been sold to get him off the wage bill if he was on that much.

You make it sound as though he can't afford it.

He isn't making that figure in an entire year and probably wont be for some time, is what I mean.

He isn't making that figure in an entire year and probably wont be for some time, is what I mean.

Very few people buy cars in a single payment.

Can't believe Colo is on £80k/week - After the recent reports of lowering wages, and a new wages 'ceiling' being implented, I think he would have been sold to get him off the wage bill if he was on that much.

Nobody is going to bid for him when he is on that sort of money. Likewise he is not going to go anywhere while he is on that sort of moeny unless he gets a lump of £££'s off us.

Guest neesy111

Nobody is going to bid for him when he is on that sort of money. Likewise he is not going to go anywhere while he is on that sort of moeny unless he gets a lump of £££'s off us.

he won't want to lump around the championship much longer though, we had 2 offers for him for 3M in the summer, should of taken it tbh, that and the savings in wages would equal to 7M this season

52 weeks x  £4.000 = £208.000. So he does make that amount of money.

Funny how Keegan's signings were given low wages (Bassong - £5K and Guthrie - £4k) whilst Wise's signings received £80k a week. 

Still cannot believe that £80k is correct because it is such a preposterous figure for a defender who had not proved himself in the Premier League.  It winds me up when Ashley moans about the wages when most of the players were signed under his ownership and other players given new contracts.