Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy for him. Another example of this place writing off players too quickly.

You say 'this place' like everyone has the same opinion. They don't.

The hatred he received was incredible. Glad I wasn't a part of that. However we all write off players too quickly, me included. This place has a tendency to do it, can't see how you can disagree with that.

I agree everyone does it (me as well), but it's nowt to do with 'this place' other than that people can find others who feel the same as they do. There are plenty of sheep who just assume what others say is right though.

Cabaye is a major part tbh, Guthrie or Nolan partnering each other wouldn't work last season the same way Guthrie and Gosling probably wouldn't this. We just need to keep our fingers crossed the first choice two aren't out together for a long period.

Probably get grief for asking this, but does anyone think Guthrie's form since coming back into the team increases the likelihood of us accepting a January bid for Tiote?

yep, because we have Perch and Gosling waiting in the stand ready to excel.

Probably get grief for asking this, but does anyone think Guthrie's form since coming back into the team increases the likelihood of us accepting a January bid for Tiote?

No. I just think he's doing the job we need him to do, be backup/ rotation to two classy central mids.

You could say we couldn't sell Tiote as we haven't sorted out Guthries contract.  ;)

Deserves grief.  :hmm:

Besides not being terribly similar to Tiote, nobody here has a clue what stage his contract talks are at, what we are likely to do in January, or how a players form in November might affect things.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Without a doubt.

Deserves grief. Besides not being terribly similar to Tiote, nobody here has a clue what we are likely to do in January or how a players form in November might affect things.

Ah right, might be best to close the forum down then if we can't discuss hypotheticals.

Without a doubt.

Utter shite, some people need to drop the incessant pessimism and enjoy the good times while they're here. Who knows how long it'll last

Deserves grief. Besides not being terribly similar to Tiote, nobody here has a clue what we are likely to do in January or how a players form in November might affect things.

Ah right, might be best to close the forum down then if we can't discuss hypotheticals.

It was a rotten hypothetical, on a par with fearing Tiote's new satellite installation may cause him a sprained arse.

It was a rotten hypothetical, on a par with fearing Tiote's new satellite installation may cause him a sprained arse.

Why is it so different from the Carroll sale and Best's subsequent form? 'We coped perfectly fine then, why not cash in again?'

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Without a doubt.

Utter shite, some people need to drop the incessant pessimism and enjoy the good times while they're here. Who knows how long it'll last

I've been extremely optimistic in recent times.

Based on his form in the last three games it's a shame that he will get dropped when Tiote returns.

Aye, it has to happen though tbf. Great that I would actualy feel confident when Tiote fucks off to the ACN though, or if either Cabaye or Tiote have an injury.

It feels weird, but all decent teams should have this kind of backup.

Why is it so different from the Carroll sale and Best's subsequent form? 'We coped perfectly fine then, why not cash in again?'

No, you're right it's not, you have every right to worry and discuss. :thup:

I'll just stick my head in the sand and enjoy these players playing well while they're here (before they both depart at some point in the future, as all our players inevitably will). :lol: