Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We can't afford not to sell him financially speaking, but we can't sell him because of sporting reasons. On some level this is bad no matter what happens...unless we somehow got in a replacement.

Tbh, with Duff's limited attributes, i honestly think he'll be effective in this league. He retains possession and runs at people - reasonable finisher aswell (doesn't score enough i know).

Do you know why he retains position more often than Jonas? A:He tries to beat his man but realises he can't so turns around and passes it backwards - B: See A without the beating his man part.

I'm not sure if he will want to leave actually unless its an established Premiership team. He is on very good money here and he doesn't need to be playing in the Premiership to get in the Ireland team. He seems happy enough here as well

His competition for Ireland is Stephen Hunt and Aidan McGeady so his spot isn't guaranteed me thinks.

He isn't capable of performing to a high level in the Premiership anymore though. Surely having a good season for us with a few goals and assists would do a lot more good for him than him struggling in a relegation battle (assuming its a bottom 5 team who want him).

Guest BooBoo

At this moment in time i'd much rtaher ship out Guttierez before Duff.

Why?

Because although its quite rare, Duff actually has some end product?

Yep. Jonas has had one good game for Newcastle, Duff has had about a handful. Neither are great but Jonas is completely unsuited and uncommitted to our current plight.

What a load of shit :lol:

Fine. If you really think Guttierez is still going to make it in England as a productive midfielder then so be it. I've seen nothing to suggest he's capable.

At this moment in time i'd much rtaher ship out Guttierez before Duff.

Why?

Because although its quite rare, Duff actually has some end product?

Yep. Jonas has had one good game for Newcastle, Duff has had about a handful. Neither are great but Jonas is completely unsuited and uncommitted to our current plight.

What a load of shit :lol:

Fine. If you really think Guttierez is still going to make it in England as a productive midfielder then so be it. I've seen nothing to suggest he's capable.

I wasn't exactly pointing to that. The one good game you're alluding to is the Man U game where he played excellent, he didn't however show any end product in that game either did he?  He's had several similar performances to that one although clearly not as impressive, Duff however has been at the club since Glenn Roeder was here and I don't think you could even pick one game out where you thought "Very well played Damien Duff."

Guest Brazilianbob

Well it looks like those scaremongers were right when they said Ashley was intent on ruining the club just because the fans turned on him.  With every day that passes and every player who is sold without being replaced, it seems the truth behind his refusal to appoint a manager is so there is nobody to rock the boat by demanding outgoing players be replaced.

Look at what AS said on match of the day, the squad was thin when he took over and he submitted a list of players to bring the squad up to the level required to get back into the EPL and what happens?  Ashley refuses to appoint Shearer as manager becuase he has no intention of providing any transfer funds to the next manager and Shearer would not stand for that.  The bloke needs to be given a kick up the ar*e for being so petulent and bloody childish.

If we were a normal club we'd take the cash and replace him with a talented young kid.

Financially it's a good deal but football-wise, he needs to stay because he could do a job for us at this level.

I have voted to keep him on the poll, he will do really well in the Championship and regardless of the wages, which are high I know, we need to keep some experience in the side as most of the other experienced players seem to be heading out one by one!

In this league we need to have good service for the forwards and a midfield who can chip in with a goal or two, he is about as good as we have at the moment so unless the money is to be used to bring in an equivalent or better replacement on lower wages I say keep.

The club CANNOT sustain the current wagebill in the Championship. Getting rid of these people on mega-wages is imperative.

:thup:

Especially when they're shit. Fuck me, is everyone going to say we should keep Alan Smith too after one good performance?

Yes, I KNOW there are no signs of anyone coming in, but the facts are:

1. These players are too expensive.

2. These players are rubbish.

Guest BooBoo

The club CANNOT sustain the current wagebill in the Championship. Getting rid of these people on mega-wages is imperative.

Especially when they're shit. Fuck me, is everyone going to say we should keep Alan Smith too after one good performance?

They're fair points but who's DD's back up? Lua Lua? A kid with only a few first team games for Doncaster.

The more Fat Twat "balances the books" the further down the league we'll slide.

They're fair points but who's DD's back up? Lua Lua? A kid with only a few first team games for Doncaster.

The more Fat Twat "balances the books" the further down the league we'll slide.

As things stand (no manager, no owner, no direction) we're not going to do anything anyway. We might as well get rid of the tossers bleeding the club dry for no return.