Newcastle v Sheff Wed - 19:45 KO 19/08/09 Pre-Match Thread

Fatwax

harper

simpson       taylor   colo       jose

raylor        nolan      barton    jonas

carrol       shola

1-2  carrol and nolan scoring  :shifty:

So long as Barton is fit, we'll play the same side as Saturday. If Barton is out, then I imagine that Guthrie will start for him or Geremi will start. I wouldn't expect changes.

harper

simpson       taylor   campbell       jose

guthrie        smith      barton    jonas

ranger       shola

we'll s**** them..

Guest Phil K

Should be a cracking match on Wednesday and a better atmosphere with a crowd pushing 40k,  they have sold there full allocation of 2700

Good for them.

Remember the fabulous game when we first got promoted ? Before Beardsley had a chance to make his dbut ?

Newcastle 4 Sheff Wed 2

One of the most enjoyable games of footie I have ever been to.

It was even better than the 8-0.

Simpson in for Barton if the latter is unfit. That is all. Don't think guthrie will be back in time.

Homer Simpson :celb:

Guest Geordie Boyo

Harper

Simpson  Taylor      Colo Enrique

Smith

Barton          Nolen      Jonas

Carroll          Shola

Subs:

Krul

Kadar

Tozer

Guthrie

R. Taylor

Geremi

LuaLua

Ranger

Harper

Simpson  Taylor      Colo Enrique

Smith

Barton          Nolen      Jonas

Carroll          Shola

Subs:

Krul

Kadar

Tozer

Guthrie

R. Taylor

Geremi

LuaLua

Ranger

I'd be suprised if Ryan Taylor was dropped, I thought he had a fairly decent game, put himself about and his delivery was superb at times.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=110903&st=30

Nice to see oppositions teams are starting to fear us for once. Hopefully we'll justify those concerns by giving Wednesday a similar pasting to the one they received the last time we played them at St James' (iirc).

reading their forum a brick walls not gonna save them cause it depends who we have left to play with

Reading that thread is a joy. :lol:

Sounds like Laws often goes for a defensive approach so we might find them hard to break down if they pack their half. I'm concerned that our players (and the SJP crowd) might expect it to be a walk in the park too.

Sounds like Laws often goes for a defensive approach so we might find them hard to break down if they pack their half. I'm concerned that our players (and the SJP crowd) might expect it to be a walk in the park too.

I know! Dropping down a division is working wonders for us: we should've done this years ago!

Guest Heneage

Tbf even if they pack the half, they will look to attack at times. Some of our passing yesterday was brilliant, good, fast flowing, lots of movement.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=110903&st=30

Nice to see oppositions teams are starting to fear us for once. Hopefully we'll justify those concerns by giving Wednesday a similar pasting to the one they received the last time we played them at St James' (iirc).

reading their forum a brick walls not gonna save them cause it depends who we have left to play with

They've got the best thread ever over there... girls in Shef Wed kits, we need to get a Newcastle version going!

NSFW

http://www.owlettes.tv/images/stories/archive/post-3628-1148167791.jpg

http://www.owlettes.tv/images/stories/archive/8.jpg

All things considered if they play well they are likely to beat virtually any team in the division

Fuck I hope so, I've always said this league is shit and a lot of people were overestimating it.  But it really does feel good to see someone who's seen a lot of this league say something that positive.

All things considered if they play well they are likely to beat virtually any team in the division

Fuck I hope so, I've always said this league is shit and a lot of people were overestimating it.  But it really does feel good to see someone who's seen a lot of this league say something that positive.

Just need to look at the start of the West Brom thread, like we were going to get hammered! :lol:

We will lose a few and as soon as we do I expect the  :frantic: to commence but we will do alright in this league even if we lose a few more.

If we don't lose anyone else and sign a few in much needed positions we could really piss this league though.