Dave you thread bumping c*nt.

Crumpy Gunt

This all seems to be coming from Talksport at the moment, which let's be honest, is about as close to reality as a Harry Potter book. Won't believe a word of it till there's a more reliable source.

That's not to say I'm not crapping in my pants right now.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did walk away (in general, not now in particular). He's not the kind of guy to take any crap, expecting a transfer kitty of £15-20 on top of what he makes from sales is hardly unreasonable given he's supposed to be mounting a title challenge, and it's not as if he'll struggle to find a new job.

No offence, but us lot were asking for something similar, and a lot of Liverpool fans called us deluded for wanting it.

This all seems to be coming from Talksport at the moment, which let's be honest, is about as close to reality as a Harry Potter book. Won't believe a word of it till there's a more reliable source.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did walk away (in general, not now in particular). He's not the kind of guy to take any crap, expecting a transfer kitty of £15-20 on top of what he makes from sales is hardly unreasonable given he's supposed to be mounting a title challenge, and it's not as if he'll struggle to find a new job.

He acts as if he has never had a penny to spend, when he has spent and wasted fortunes.

He acts as if he has never had a penny to spend, when he has spent and wasted fortunes.

...and constantly whines with the occasional paranoid rant (Fergie).

Sir Alex has to defend his title with a minus 50m budget, Arsenal minus 15m, Chelsea haven't spent tons as they have in the past. He should get on with it.

Anyone know how to fix the listen online link to Talksport?

When I click listen online it goes through connecting like it should, but then just goes back to ready every time.

The best way to fix Talksport is to turn it off.

Guest Stephen927

More than Manchester United have spent in the same time period.

Really?

Guest Stephen927

Really?

Over the past 5 years, not including this transfer window, Liverpool have spent £24m more than Man United.

Anyone know how to fix the listen online link to Talksport?

When I click listen online it goes through connecting like it should, but then just goes back to ready every time.

The best way to fix Talksport is to turn it off.

:lol:

Aren't you 700m in debt?  :lol:

No, that's Man Utd. We're sort of half that in debt. AFAIK, the club itself bears £100m of the debt, the owners personally about £70m, and the holding company the majority of the debt (£190m). Technically speaking, the club's doing okay but the parent company is up to its eyeballs in debt. Seeing as the club is the holding's only asset, I guess it makes zero difference in practice.

No offence, but us lot were asking for something similar, and a lot of Liverpool fans called us deluded for wanting it.

What do you mean exactly? The transfer kitty? The title challenge?

That's really not true. About £80m since he's been here is the net outlay. He's gone through a lot of players, mostly cheap-ish squad journeymen, though, and we haven't really lost our shirt on any of them. And for that, he's built a very good first team, and a good squad.

Here's a list of Rafa's buys and here's a list of Prem squad costs from Feb 2009. Spurs and Man City both have more expensive squads than Liverpool.

Sir Alex has to defend his title with a minus 50m budget, Arsenal minus 15m, Chelsea haven't spent tons as they have in the past. He should get on with it.

The Glazers have said that money is available for Fergie to spend if he wants, Chelsea have already spent over double what Rafa has in the same time, and everyone looks like a mug in the transfer market next to Wenger. The fact that they haven't spent is a great chance for us. We've been getting closer spending £20m each season while Man Utd and Chelsea have been spending £30-40m, so we need to push on now while they're standing still.

Really?

Over the past 5 years, not including this transfer window, Liverpool have spent £24m more than Man United.

They have indeed. Not that that says much at all. Do you remember the squad we had 5 years ago and the one they had? Fergie has only had to fine-tune his squad for over 10 years.

Guest Stephen927

Really?

They have indeed. Not that that says much at all. Do you remember the squad we had 5 years ago and the one they had? Fergie has only had to fine-tune his squad for over 10 years.

So Benetiz can't complain when he has been given a fair amount in comparison to his competitors.

Really?

So Benetiz can't complain when he has been given a fair amount in comparison to his competitors.

What fair amount is this?