Newcastle United 1 - 0 Sheff Weds - 19/08/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Sounds like we were pretty average tbh. Impossible to tell from the radio of course, but it sounded far from convincing.

Glad we've won, but it shows there is still much work to do. We'll not walk this.

Like they said in the radio you'll have to scrape the wins sometimes. Not realistic to expect flowing football every match.

(not that I expect it much anyways)

Bit of a wake up call to anyone thinking we'd walk the league.

Be much harder if we lose a couple players to.

An unconfident shola today and we'd have just drawn 0-0. Far from convincing but atleast we got it.

Barton is massive for us this season.

Our current first choice midfield (the one that started this game) haven't scored a goal between them. That needs addressing.

Maybe if in a game or two's time this is still the case I'd worry, but they've only played two games...

Our current first choice midfield (the one that started this game) haven't scored a goal between them. That needs addressing.

You don't think Barton would be our first choice? Also, I hate saying this, but for some goddamn reason every manager seems to think that if Butt is healthy, he starts.

You don't think Barton would be our first choice? Also, I hate saying this, but for some goddamn reason every manager seems to think that if Butt is healthy, he starts.

Yeah probably, but it remains to be seen whether he stays and he's not exactly a goal machine anyway.

People being negative, even after a win :lol: Didn't sound like they created much, bar one good save from Harper.

We conceded the midfield in the second half. If we were still in the premier we'd have got punished for that. Let's hope at this level we'll get away with it in most games if we are going to make a habit of it.

More than happy with a 1-0 win. Not all teams are going to fold like Reading did on Saturday, Palace will be a tough game but we will have a lot of tough games this year. Another win should fill the team with confidence going into Saturday.