Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United 22/08/09 - pre-match thread

Fatwax

Think we'll struggle (for no obvious reason) if we don't put the right team on out there.

We need to get Barton and Guthrie in there, both are at least a class above Nolan and R.Taylor. Hopefully Carroll's injury isn't too bad, but can't see him being included in this. Don't know enough about either Ranger or Xisco to know who should replace him; whoever gets the chance (probably Xisco), it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Think we'll struggle (for no obvious reason) if we don't put the right team on out there.

We need to get Barton and Guthrie in there, both are at least a class above Nolan and R.Taylor. Hopefully Carroll's injury isn't too bad, but can't see him being included in this. Don't know enough about either Ranger or Xisco to know who should replace him; whoever gets the chance (probably Xisco), it'll be interesting to see how he does.

I think Hughton will play safe and go for five midfielders rather than start Xisco or Ranger.

I'm travelling the long way from Norway too see this match. Any awaypubs close too Selhurst Park someone can recommend?

Can't wait for saturday now!  :celb:

I think Hughton will play safe and go for five midfielders rather than start Xisco or Ranger.

Probably right.

If he's still in charge ;)

If Carroll is injured i can see Barton coming back into the side and Nolan pushing up to play off Shola.

Nolan playing off Shola? :lol:

If the fat cunt gets anywhere within 5 yds in open play it will be a miracle.

While I'd take a draw as it is a tricky place to go. I'd really like to see us win. One thing we have never been able to do is consistently win away from home. We can do that in this league.

------------------Harper

Simo------Tayls---------Colo--------Jose

Jonas------Smith------Guthrie-------Lua

------------Shola---------Ranger

BENCH

Krul

Kadar

Rtay

Nolan

Barton/Vuckic

Geremi

Xisco

------------------Harper

Simpson------Saylor---------Campbell :shifty:--------Jose

Guthrie------Smith------Barton-------Jonas

------------Shola---------Ranger

BENCH

Krul

Kadar

Raylor

Nolan

Lua Lua

Colo

Xisco

Play like we did in the first half and we'll get a good result. Play like we did in the second half and we'll get rolled over.

Warnock (and other bosses in this league) will soon cotton on to how we play and nullify us.

If we can somehow get both Barton and Guthrie into the same midfield, we'll batter nearly every team in this league.

With Barton alone we'll be able to outplay most.

With neither, we'll be fighting for draws. We were lucky as hell we had a confident Ameobi today after sat, any other day that games a 0-0 draw.