Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Just saw something on SSN by David Craig...nee idea what it was as I'm still asleep.

Saw that - he was commenting on the latest sale report about Ashley rejecting the moat bid. Claims neither side are making any comment about it (the report)

Until Hughton signs on the dotted line I refuse to give up hope that we'll be sold

If the clubs sold he'll only be dumped if he doesnt want to stay as coach, they wouldnt sack him

Dunno, suppose it would very much depend on the owner and especially the new manager.

Well I hope any new owner would think having Hughton as your long term manager is a good idea, if so Ashley mkII

If the clubs sold he'll only be dumped if he doesnt want to stay as coach, they wouldnt sack him

Dunno, suppose it would very much depend on the owner and especially the new manager.

Well I hope any new owner would think having Hughton as your long term manager is a good idea, if so Ashley mkII

Yeah, I didn't really mean that... I just meant he might appoint a new manager who wants all his own coaching staff... or he might want a total clean sweep.

I'd hope there would be a place for CH though, he's done a service to the club.

Yeah, I didn't really mean that... I just meant he might appoint a new manager who wants all his own coaching staff... or he might want a total clean sweep.

I'd hope there would be a place for CH though, he's done a service to the club.

Aye he deserves a medal for putting up with this shit.

Guest johnson293

Clearly a 3pm press conference then lads..

Could imagine Ashley arranging a press conference for Llambiarse to announce the sale of the club, closely follwed by the fact they'd appointed Hughton on a 5 year contract last night.

if CH gets us promoted with the current squad, i think he deserve a go at it.

i also think ashley has a couple of clauses in that contract as well, so i wouldnt be to worried if we get sold.

What contract?  Has he signed?

the theoretical contract i suppose and i'd imagine there would be some clause on him returning to coaching role in the event of the club being sold

So far Ashley and Llambias have proved themselves to be so inept I'd expect that if Hughton gets the Management role full time his contract will be 4 or 5 years with a -huge- payout for early termination and no provision for if a new owner comes in or if the team gets promoted.

So essentially I expect that if Hughton, as Manager, get's us promoted after this season we'll be stuck with him for another 3 or 4 years meaning a likely immediate drop back out of the PL.

This may be overly pessimistic to some, but so far Ashley and Llambias have shown themselves to be dumb enough to give Hughton such a sweet deal, and Hughton has done nothing to suggest he can keep us in the PL if we get promoted.

Hopefully he's making some demands and wanting firm assurances. The pricks probably expect that because he's been pissed on so far he'll just lie down and take the job for peanuts and with no transfer funds. I hope he's not lying down for them. He's taken us to the top of the table regardless of our mediocrity.

Hopefully he's making some demands and wanting firm assurances. The pricks probably expect that because he's been pissed on so far he'll just lie down and take the job for peanuts and with no transfer funds. I hope he's not lying down for them. He's taken us to the top of the table regardless of our mediocrity.

I think hughton has been making the case to improve the team as evidenced by the loans we've got (those ain't free after all) and i'd say he is probably making a case for some funds to be available in jan, whether ashley will listen who knows

Just saw something on SSN by David Craig...nee idea what it was as I'm still asleep.

Saw that - he was commenting on the latest sale report about Ashley rejecting the moat bid. Claims neither side are making any comment about it (the report)

Until Hughton signs on the dotted line I refuse to give up hope that we'll be sold

I wonder how they're excusing this delay to him? I can't imagine that Hughton is on on this wheeze of smoking out buyers. But I'm sure that's the reason he's been 'offered' the job.