Chris Hughton

Keefaz

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me for my ignorance of this magazine, but isn't that a fairly pathetic attempt at causing more trouble? You're top of the table ffs.

So we should unconditionally be happy at being top no matter what? We've been very lucky this season, and personally I feel Hughton isn't good enough to produce something when that luck runs out.

Guest Heneage

Forgive me for my ignorance of this magazine, but isn't that a fairly pathetic attempt at causing more trouble? You're top of the table ffs.

So we should unconditionally be happy at being top no matter what? Our luck will end soon.

Why if we are enjoying a good spell, and sat top of the table should we attempt to stir up trouble? It's no surprise this club is seen as heavy in drama. Yes things are far from perfect, and I'm not happy with it at all, but what can we do now? Ashley knows the fans hate him, and vice versa.

So we should unconditionally be happy at being top no matter what? Our luck will end soon.

No, but I don't see what this will achieve. Who knows if Hughton is a total 'yes' man? To me it's just an attempt to derail things further. And luck or no luck, you're top of the table, and quite frankly considering the amount of times the teams around you are cocking up, you won't be far from that position come the end of the season.

Fwiw, no, I don't think Hughton is an especially good manager. But some of the criticism of him has been over the top IMO. A friend of mine, who makes regular visits to this board, said during the Sheff Utd game, "If we lose this, it's Hughton's fault"; and then later in the match went onto say, "If we win this, it'll have nothing to do with Hughton". I just don't get this attitude.

Why if we are enjoying a good spell, and sat top of the table should we attempt to stir up trouble? It's no surprise this club is seen as heavy in drama. Yes things are far from perfect, and I'm not happy with it at all, but what can we do now? Ashley knows the fans hate him, and vice versa.

I still don't see why we should just sit back and think everything is great when we all know they aren't.

I'm not going to say a bad word about Chris Hughton. This season he has worked in the most difficult of circumstances and has got us playing decent football and winning games, which is all that is important to me. Time will tell if he is simply a "Yes" man to Ashley but until he makes those mistakes I am fully supportive of him and have no interest in criticising him.

I'm not going to say a bad word about Chris Hughton. This season he has worked in the most difficult of circumstances and has got us playing decent football and winning games, which is all that is important to me. Time will tell if he is simply a "Yes" man to Ashley but until he makes those mistakes I am fully supportive of him and have no interest in criticising him.

No he hasn't.

Houghton has always been a loyal man to a boardroom rather the managers he has worked with check out how many times Spurs sacked a manager & good ol Punch never quit or resigned, because this YES man knows it is better to serve them from above than the people you work with on the training ground & share a dugout with.

Rather someone who doesn't give up :thup: then a quitter :thdn: Hughton has had a torid time since he came here, and has not once made excuses... Credit were credit is due, Hughton has don a brilliant job in keeping the morale high!

But saying that, I also have to say that Hughton is no manager, he's a very good coach, but anyone who sees newcastle play can see, that we have no structure at all!!! The reason were number 1 is that we have the best team in CC, and Hughton has installed a very good fighting spirit in the team. But their is no way in hell, he would get us anywere if we were to get promoted! FACT!!!

I think it's more a dig at Ashley tbh.

Not a particularly big deal either way.

If they want to have a dig at Ashley, have a dig at Ashley.

Don't bring someone in who had the thankless task of keeping much of a Premiership squad together and happy in the face of a good deal of criticism and uncertainty. Hughton for me deserves a fair bit of praise for his atitude and application in his time here, and has, as far as I've seen, tried to keep well away from the politicking.

That is an utterly cuntish cover from True Faith.

/who have a tendancy to wallow way too much in their own spite and misery when they feel hard done by these days (whether under this regime, or the last days of F.Shepherd).

I think it's more a dig at Ashley tbh.

Not a particularly big deal either way.

If they want to have a dig at Ashley, have a dig at Ashley.

Don't bring someone in who had the thankless task of keeping much of a Premiership squad together and happy in the face of a good deal of criticism and uncertainty. Hughton for me deserves a fair bit of praise for his atitude and application in his time here, and has, as far as I've seen, tried to keep well away from the politicking.

That is an utterly cuntish cover from True Faith.

/who have a tendancy to wallow way too much in their own spite and misery when they feel hard done by these days (whether under this regime, or the last days of F.Shepherd).

It's a bit disrespectful to Hughton who, to his credit, has got his head down and battled on doing the job he's been asked to do. I don't think he's a manager and I wasn't impressed (or surprised) with the appointment but he's got us to the top of the league and we all hope we stay there.  :thup:

It's only a fanzine cover at the end of the day though.