Chris Hughton

Keefaz

I sincerely hope he has them tied down by clear definitions of his role and the final say on players etc in his contract.

I'm not sure he has to tie them down, I'm sure the Arbitration Panel clarified that it was part of a managers role to have final say on which players come into clubs.

"Head Coach Chris Hughton..................."

"We are delighted that Chris has accepted the post of full time manager. He has done a terrific job this season and we wish him every success for the rest of this season and beyond. He will continue to receive our full backing and support."

"We are delighted that Chris has accepted the post of full time manager. He has done a terrific job this season and we wish him every success for the rest of this season and beyond. He will continue to receive our full backing and support."

Yeah, but that's just a press release, PR if you will. :lol:

Ah fuck................

Hughton has done a fantastic job to be fair. Let's face facts, he isn't a manager. He has however come in to this role with no real support from anyone and has us top of the league going into November. Can't fault him at all.

If we'd had a strong manager over the last 5 games we could have another 6 points in the bag!

Guest neesy111

most of my friends are backing hughton on facebook, saying that the championship is a hard division  :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I dont mind Hughton, think he gets more stick than he deserves because of the fact that he's clearly not experienced in the role.

But he should have been made manager only till the end of this season at best, i dont want him being manager in the premiership.

But he should have been made manager only till the end of this season at best, i dont want him being manager in the premiership.

I think that's the least of our worries. We actually need to get there first.

I sincerely hope he has them tied down by clear definitions of his role and the final say on players etc in his contract.

My socks would be clean off if he had final say on players.

Well I agree, but if that's the case then I find it disappointing to say the least that he's signed. What manager (in this country) signs a contract knowing he can't sign players, especially after the Keegan debacle?

A yes man, which is what Hughton has been all along. I don't blame him taking the job, but those who have said he has done wonders and stuck his neck out on the line, he hasn't at all.

Well I agree, but if that's the case then I find it disappointing to say the least that he's signed. What manager (in this country) signs a contract knowing he can't sign players, especially after the Keegan debacle?

A yes man, which is what Hughton has been all along. I don't blame him taking the job, but those who have said he has done wonders and stuck his neck out on the line, he hasn't at all.

If the fat cunt sells a few players in january, the puppet will say nothing

If we get promoted and have a woefully weak squad, the puppet will again say nothing

I'm not going to slag hughton while we ars sitting at the top of the table, he doesn't really deserve that, but from this point onwards his performance will only come under far more intense scrutiny. Yes we have injuries but we still have a far stronger squad than most in this division on paper at least. There are no excuses if we see performances start to slide further.

I wouldn'y say he has stuck his neck out on the line but I would say he has done really well considering he is not a manager and the circumstances.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

How do we expect to survive in the Premiership if we get promoted this season under Chris Hughton and his backroom team of Colin Calderwood and Paul Barron. You saw what Hughton was like in the Premier League in his spells as caretaker manager...Well if we do manage to get promoted this year...We're going straight back down.

Guest ChickenKiev

I think we should concentrate on actually getting back into the premiership before winging on about how we are going to stay there. In my opinion Chris has done a good job in steadying the boat and getting some decent results. We're top of the Championship and things seem to be relatively calm at the club (which is a breath of fresh air for the players too). This is a good platform to move forward.

Guest neesy111

I think we should concentrate on actually getting back into the premiership before winging on about how we are going to stay there. In my opinion Chris has done a good job in steadying the boat and getting some decent results. We're top of the Championship and things seem to be relatively calm at the club (which is a breath of fresh air for the players too). This is a good platform to move forward.

ask that to Derby fans when they got promoted with a squad that was no where near ready

If he was going to be made permanent at all though, the minimum credible contract offer would be 2 years I guess.

If Ashley wants to get us up and then put the club back on the market, he has to at least try to hide that from the players/management/fans. If he'd made Hughton manager to the end of the season it would have been too obvious what was going on.

Just a theory!

He'll get us back to the Premier'. He will also have my full backing as manager.

This sin't gonna happen but say we went up and he ad a 50m transfer fund would you trust him with it?

If the 'if' was any bigger, it'd cover St James Park.