Chris Hughton

Keefaz

He's not good enough to manage us throughout the season and maintain a promotion spot, combine this with probably 1 or 2 dross signings in Jan with Enrique leaving, best to hope for is a play off spot imo. We'll just have to hope the likes of Nolan, Smith and Taylor stay and keep playing well.

I do agree he's a bad manager.

Unfortunately, it's either him, Kinnear or Shearer right now. The right man from those 3 is in place.

Whatever happened to :dowie: ?  Never heard of him getting involved in anything else and would take him over hughton.

He's too busy delivering humorously inaccurate conjectures about games for Soccer Saturday and the such.

In other words, he's doing fuck all.

The guy has got us in top spot on the back of one of, if not the worst summer ever. Not knowing what is going from one day to another and we are still top.  People seem to be forgeting this.  We are in a mess and this is the first bit of stabilty, albeit short term, the club has seen for a while.

Okay, we might not go up, okay its only Houghton not Maldini, okay Ashley is still in charge but the one thing we have needed (for now) is an element of stability.  We have it now - No one was going to buy us, No manager was going to come to us, we have no money.

We have a manager who clearly wants the job - I think he willl do the job - then loose his job.

Lets just get behind the shit squad and manager for now - what other choice to we have??

Guest Heneage

Oh well, onwards and upwards or something like that. As long as we get promoted you could call it the Wimpey Colisseum for all I care.

The guy has got us in top spot on the back of one of, if not the worst summer ever. Not knowing what is going from one day to another and we are still top. People seem to be forgeting this. We are in a mess and this is the first bit of stabilty, albeit short term, the club has seen for a while.

Okay, we might not go up, okay its only Houghton not Maldini, okay Ashley is still in charge but the one thing we have needed (for now) is an element of stability. We have it now - No one was going to buy us, No manager was going to come to us, we have no money.

We have a manager who clearly wants the job - I think he willl do the job - then loose his job.

Lets just get behind the shit squad and manager for now - what other choice to we have??

He's done OK but he's inherited a above average Championship squad but still we're beginning to get found out and exploited. That will only get worse and more apparent, we can't keep relying on moments of class and Kevin Nolan.

To be fair to Hughton, he's tactically woeful but has got half of our first choice Xl playing a lot better than most of us expected this season. I decided on saturday that he definetly wasn't the right man for the job but we have no choice to get behind him now.

Guest Geordiekev

And Chris Hughton added:

"It is a very proud day for me to be named as the manager of this magnificent football club. I thank Mike and Derek for their support and will be doing everything in my power to get the Club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"Having the unequivocal backing of the players has helped me enormously and I would also like to thank Colin Calderwood, Paul Barron and the rest of the backroom staff who have never been anything but tremendously supportive to me this season."

Is this our new manager actually thanking those two pricks for putting him in the shit and keeping him in the dark as to where the club is going..  Another glove puppet to keep ashleys hand warm on the coming winter nights... Hughton had best invest in a fuck off giant tub of KY because his arse is going to get well and truly fucked..

Hughton has done a fantastic job to be fair. Let's face facts, he isn't a manager. He has however come in to this role with no real support from anyone and has us top of the league going into November. Can't fault him at all.

To be fair to Hughton, he's tactically woeful but has got half of our first choice Xl playing a lot better than most of us expected this season. I decided on saturday that he definetly wasn't the right man for the job but we have no choice to get behind him now.

Ronaldo talking sense. :nods:

The guy has got us in top spot on the back of one of, if not the worst summer ever. Not knowing what is going from one day to another and we are still top.  People seem to be forgeting this.  We are in a mess and this is the first bit of stabilty, albeit short term, the club has seen for a while.

Okay, we might not go up, okay its only Houghton not Maldini, okay Ashley is still in charge but the one thing we have needed (for now) is an element of stability.  We have it now - No one was going to buy us, No manager was going to come to us, we have no money.

He's done OK but he's inherited a above average Championship squad but still we're beginning to get found out and exploited. That will only get worse and more apparent, we can't keep relying on moments of class and Kevin Nolan.

Agree with you completely, however, a lack of uncertianty - for now - might just push us over the line rather than another 7 months of this shit.  That was my point.

Accept it, support it and hopefully we are back in the premierhship renamed

KFC Stadium (Kicked in the Fucking Cunt)  or Killed the Fat Cunt... take your pick

I sincerely hope he has them tied down by clear definitions of his role and the final say on players etc in his contract.

My socks would be clean off if he had final say on players.

Well I agree, but if that's the case then I find it disappointing to say the least that he's signed. What manager (in this country) signs a contract knowing he can't sign players, especially after the Keegan debacle?

I sincerely hope he has them tied down by clear definitions of his role and the final say on players etc in his contract.

:lol:

good one.

You know what I mean. :laugh:

He's thick as fuck if he's not got it as clear as possible, even if just to ensure he gets himself a nice payoff when they inevitably lie to him.

I don't blame him at all in this.

If I was in his position, i wouldn't be able to quite believe they'd even consider offering me the job. I'd be dancing round the living room with a Mike Ashley cardboard cut out

Theres no chance Hughton has any say in anything. He picks the team and that is it, but if Ashley wanted to pick the team, he would just ring Chris and tell him. Hughton is a puppet for Ashley, nothing else. This appointment is just to stop a manager with the balls to stand up to Ashley getting the job.

I'm not sure he has to tie them down, I'm sure the Arbitration Panel clarified that it was part of a managers role to have final say on which players come into clubs.

I'm not sure he has to tie them down, I'm sure the Arbitration Panel clarified that it was part of a managers role to have final say on which players come into clubs.

In that case.