Chris Hughton

Keefaz

I wonder if Hughton will actually make his mind up what style of football we are supposed to be playing now he is going to be made manager? He keeps talking about retaining the ball, then his players whack the ball 70 yards up the pitch towards two beanpoles. Perplexing.

I still can't feel anything but sympathy for Hughton, even if he is a clearly shite manager.

It would be fucking awesome if he rejected the offer. Sadly there's no chance on earth of that happening.

Why doesn't he just mix it? Twatting it every single team clearly doesn't work, but passing it short every single time won't work either because of the distinct lack of movement from most of our midfield and strikers.

Hopefully he'll see that hoofing it isn't the answer with these set of players after the first and second halves of the Forest game, and actually gets us f***ing playing.

it may not even be him, he may say to them to pass etc but if the players can't get through with passing at first with as tempting a target like carroll up there to lump it at its hardly surprising is it? Happens a lot with crouch on the field for other teams

Hopefully he'll see that hoofing it isn't the answer with these set of players after the first and second halves of the Forest game, and actually gets us f***ing playing.

it may not even be him, he may say to them to pass etc but if the players can't get through with passing at first with as tempting a target like carroll up there to lump it at its hardly surprising is it? Happens a lot with crouch on the field for other teams

I was thinking that as well. Plus we don't have players who are comfortable on the ball, and some of them can't run. Not really a surprise when they hoof it just to get rid of the ball then is it?

you should only appoint a manager if you are prepared to back them long term. 'chris deserves a shot at the title' just doesnt cut it. Everything Ashley done seems to be about 'rewarding' his mates for staying loyal, rather than choosing the best people for the job.

We NEED to go up this season, otherwise we'll lose our best players, many of our fans, lose parachute payments and our chances of going up will greatly diminsh. we'd be well on our way to 'doing a leeds'. And even if he did get promotion, what then? Do you stick with someone out of their depth in the premiership? If Ashley is serious about staying (haha i know, he makes someone like Keegan look like Fidel Castro in terms of commitment)  then he has to get a proper, long-term manager who he thinks can not only promote us at the first try but establish us in the premiership. Hughton's not it, no matter how you want to spin it.

I like how Ashley wants to appoint him just after three fucking rubbish performances and results. It's like sacking an under-pressure manager just after he's won three games.

The evidence pointing towards him doing this out of spite is growing by the day.

I like how Ashley wants to appoint him just after three fucking rubbish performances and results. It's like sacking an under-pressure manager just after he's won three games.

The evidence pointing towards him doing this out of spite is growing by the day.

I always thought the stuff about doing things out of spite was ridiculous, but it does make you wonder. How can one man make so many mistakes time after time?

I don't get this. If he's willing to appoint a manager, despite the fact that he may not be the man the next guy wants, why not appoint Shearer?

Because he'll be able to shaft the likes of Hughton as much as he likes, no serious manager would stand for it

This is basically it, such a sad state of affairs for our beloved club. Then again, we're used to this kind of bollocks now, its like a hideous dream that you can't wake up from..

Guest The_Scoreboard

Oh Ashley just fuck right off with this shite. I'm getting another fucking headache. Appoint a proper manager, anycunt except CH (thanks for stepping in but really, don't take the job your not good enuff). Protests havent done much in the past but this is going way too far now, lets storm the bastard's gates then he might get the message :knuppel2:

Ashley actually reminds me of "Spawny Get" in the Viz magazine, when every week this stupid bloke would do really fuckwitted things like leaving £1m on the back seat of the bus, or trading in a solid gold necklace in for a dried dog turd. The end of every comic strip he'd get asked by a professor to help him test a machine that played cartoons and was powered by eating sweets and sex with big titted women, or something like that.

It will involve moving from caretaker to manager on a full-time basis. They have indicated to me that they want to turn it from a temporary role to a permanent one.

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. Wasn't sure for a minute there.

Ashley actually reminds me of "Spawny Get" in the Viz magazine, when every week this stupid bloke would do really fuckwitted things like leaving £1m on the back seat of the bus, or trading in a solid gold necklace in for a dried dog turd. The end of every comic strip he'd get asked by a professor to help him test a machine that played cartoons and was powered by eating sweets and sex with big titted women, or something like that.

That was a cracking read. I wish we had Spawny Get in charge instead of Ashley though.

Interesting to see the Hughton's been offered it full time. I agree that it must mean that Ashley has decided to stay again(!) and that if Hughton does take it, he is content to be the owner's puppet when in reality he's been treat very poorly ever since Shearer departed from the club (being kept in the dark, requests for new blood falling on deaf ears, if you believe Kevin Nolan) The worry for me is that the 'for sale' pantomine will start again next summer, regardless of whether we get promoted or not. And that will be yet another wasted transfer window if so. Can you imagine us facing up to life in the PL assuming we do get promoted, with this squad? It'll be a sure fire death sentence. Ashley continues to tale the piss out of the club's lifeblood and it's wrong. Sad thing is, I can't see it ending any time soon.

Guest Heneage

Why doesn't he just mix it? Twatting it every single team clearly doesn't work, but passing it short every single time won't work either because of the distinct lack of movement from most of our midfield and strikers.

Set the passing style to mixed is what he should do, and move the tempo to fast and width to wide. FM tastic.

We could do worse than the fittest manager in the league.

Guest burtyboy

Well done Ashley you fat pillock, what the f*** are you doing you obese clown.

Obviously never intended to sell. Well done you had us :clap:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hughton is f***ing pathetic. A disaster lies ahead if he gets the job.

this

a truely awful appointment by the biggest mistake in nufc's history.

Guest Wally_McFool

Obviously never intended to sell. Well done you had us :clap:

He obviously  used his stooge Daftus Derekius to feed us the shite he was planting in the papers  ;D