Newcastle 4 - 3 Huddersfield Town - 26/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

I'd like to keep winning if just for confidence. Plus Radio Leeds spends half their time wanking over Huddersfield despite the fact they never do fuck all,  this would send them into overdrive.

This is exactly what most of us on here knew was going to happen - scratch the surface of the first team and there's nothing of substance left.  We have gotten lucky so far as we have been able to field a full strength team of (mostly) Premier League players and have had the lion's share of matches against mediocre opposition, making it look as though we will walk the league.

90% of clubs in this league have poor squads though. Only Premiership clubs actually have the resources to look past the first team.

Personally I don't give a fuck about this mickey mouse cup.  If it was up to me, this whole tourament would be scrapped.  The other big leagues only have 1 Cup and that's how it should be.

And even if we win a match or 2 in it, we'll just get spanked by Arsenal's kids or something.  Rather just focus on getting out of this league.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Couldn't give a flying f*** if we lose this game. I think the benefits outweigh the positives tbh.

Far from the truth. You have the whole confidence and morale at the club issue.

Personally I don't give a f*** about this mickey mouse cup.  If it was up to me, this whole tourament would be scrapped.  The other big leagues only have 1 Cup and that's how it should be.

And even if we win a match or 2 in it, we'll just get spanked by Arsenal's kids or something.  Rather just focus on getting out of this league.

If we could afford to play the games, i.e. with a big squad, I'd take going for it like any other trophy, however promotion is more important than the Milk Cup or anything at the moment, so I agree.  

Infact, it's pretty much vital - not that I think we'll get promoted if things stay the same anyhow.

90% of clubs in this league have poor squads though. Only Premiership clubs actually have the resources to look past the first team.

Most have back up players with plenty of experience though - we have a bunch of kids who haven't exactly covered themselves with glory in the past couple of seasons in the reserve league.