Mackem On OTB Reckons Cathcart Is Coming To Toon.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest rinaldo #18

My mate reckons i saw him at SJP tonight in a Nufc sweatjacket.

How come you don't know what you saw?

:lol:

Im blind, so I just have to trust him. :doh:

Guest Roger Kint

He would have done well to do a medical to be honest:

Form .com

Craig Cathcart is part of the Northern Ireland U21 squad who are currently preparing for European Championship fixtures away to the Czech Republic on Friday and at home to Iceland next Tuesday.

It seems logical to assume that completion of the loan deal and the associated medical/paperwork could be delayed until the player is back in England.

He would have done well to do a medical to be honest:

Form .com

Craig Cathcart is part of the Northern Ireland U21 squad who are currently preparing for European Championship fixtures away to the Czech Republic on Friday and at home to Iceland next Tuesday.

It seems logical to assume that completion of the loan deal and the associated medical/paperwork could be delayed until the player is back in England.

In the Daily Mail print version it had him down as signed for Newcastle. While they are probably jumping the gun, I reckon this one will probably go through officially as soon as he gets back.

Is there a definition of this 'emergency loan' knocking about anywhere?

As I understand it, "emergency" is just how they say 1-3 month loan. They happen on a daily basis in the football league, GG will probably be able to tell you more but I don't think there's anything fancy about it.

Yeah... i meant rather, what constitutes to an 'emergency'. We've got two recognised centre-backs and two youngsters who have appeared in the squad on more than one occassion. Surely going for Cathcart would hardly be deemed an 'emergency'.

Yeah... i meant rather, what constitutes to an 'emergency'. We've got two recognised centre-backs and two youngsters who have appeared in the squad on more than one occassion. Surely going for Cathcart would hardly be deemed an 'emergency'.

Calling loans outside the transfer window 'emergency loans' is a bit of a misnomer as it seems that they can be carried out whatever the circumstances.

I think you can take any player on one of these short term loans and there isn't any real criteria that classes it as an emergency, at least thats what i am getting from it. Being only for 3 months in itself must mean that it is an emergency.

I think you can take any player on one of these short term loans and there isn't any real criteria that classes it as an emergency, at least thats what i am getting from it. Being only for 3 months in itself must mean that it is an emergency.

That's what I was getting at. I think "Emergency" is just an easier way of saying "1 to 3 months." I don't think there is any criteria, as such.

Surely we should be looking to bring in around 3 players on loan like. It shouldn't cost us much and we need to bulk the squad up a bit. Cathcart and a winger would be nice. I'd like us to sign another full back and striker as well but I can't see it.

Guest Roger Kint

I can't see us signing anyone. Think we're done now.

Hughton has said today that he wants some loans.

Not til next Monday though

Guest Roger Kint

Will we be able to retain Simpson's services in January - until the end of the season, even though his current contract with us doesn't end then?

If we wanted i imagine it will be a compensaion fee to just have him by then. Cant see Fergie wanting to retain him after his current contract.

Will we be able to retain Simpson's services in January - until the end of the season, even though his current contract with us doesn't end then?

Yes. It's just an opt out for all parties if for some reason it isn't a success. Advantages for us and Manyoo.