Newcastle United 1 - 0 Leicester City - 31/08/09 - post match reaction from p22

JH

plus who were the 2 love birds in front of Ashley , was it Ashley's Daughter taking her new boyfriend to the match . Nice way to introduce the in laws.

BF:Hew pet , who is this fat cockney bastard they talk about?

MA Daughter: Its one of their fans  :rolleyes:

:lol:

Guest optimistic nit

was tonight's performance typical of Barton? Clearly not

Yes. Can't tackle, can't pass, weak as a kitten. Volatile as f***. Worth every penny of £60k a week.

you're being a stupid idiot.

Great counter argument. Well put.

I consider myself well and truly telt.

:lol: how can he make a counter argument when there's no argument in the first place.

Guest Heneage

Hughton reckons two in btw, in the post match interview.

Poor bloke is rarely informed so dunno how much validity to give this.

Just got in, some random thoughts. Firstly though, that rain on the way in, fuck me, it was like a war scene, people just started to run towards the stadium to shelter from it, it was like being ina car wash. Was fucking soaking. Anyway, important matters:

Harper - Played really well, good saves from howard and impeccable handling with a wet ball.

R Taylor - Steady

Enrique - So strong, great match for him defensively. Couldn't pass for shit though.

S Taylor - Good, sometimes communication with Simpson could have been better

Simpson - Did well out of position again but some obvious shaky moments when he's learning the position, things like letting the ball bounce and pushing up too high chasing the ball.

Geremi - He's slow, he knows what he wants to do but his legs don't know how to do it anymore.

Barton - First half he was turd, it even got to the stage where I thought he was purposefully being shit, every pass he was just flicking his foot without even looking. Second half was much better.

Smith - Didn't get booked for a change, was very good. Had a shot on target too, a true red letter day for our captain.

Guthrie - Great goal, I like Guthrie and he can do a job on the right or in the middle, preferrably centre midfield though.

Nolan - I've been his biggest critic recently but tonight thought he did well at everything except shooting. Hold up play and general link up was excellent, but I wish he'd fucking lace it, so annoying.

Ranger - Battled himself into the ground, really did a shift tonight. Was fouled so many times but the ref was terrible/racist (safety wink ;) ) Movement is poor though, as the lone striker if he stands still he's going to be marked, when we have the ball in wide positions he should be moving, instead he just picks somewhere to stand and he's easy to mark. The amount of goals he's scored at outh/reserve level suggests he knows how to get into the positions to score, so we'll see how he progresses. Very promising though.

Of the subs, all three weren't on very long, Vuckic had to be shouted at until he ran, I've barely seen any of him play so I won't make judgment but he strikes me as one of those who likes to sit in the hole behind a striker and likes the ball into his feet. Doesn't like to jump for headers either. Hmm.

Ref was terrible also, just seen the (2) pens he didn't give and the afforementioned Ranger raping.

Was funny when the whole team celebrated except Geremi, some of the Leicester lads seemed to be asking him why he wasn't bothering :lol:

Right infront of us the celebration, Simpson looked like he going to blow his load :lol:

Was funny when the whole team celebrated except Geremi, some of the Leicester lads seemed to be asking him why he wasn't bothering :lol:

Right infront of us the celebration, Simpson looked like he going to blow his load :lol:

were you in that corner where guthrie ran to? i was in the other corner on the other side of the nets, crackin goal :D

were you in that corner where guthrie ran to? i was in the other corner on the other side of the nets, crackin goal :D

Aye am 6 rows back right in the corner :D was awesome jumpong alover the shop.

Got soaked to the bone before kick off, how the fk they can call that a roof, everyone pissed off inside just me and my nephew stayed and got wet.

Seen enough to make me believe you'll be be back in the Premier League next season.

A good Newcastle team is far better for the league than Bolton, Hull, Wolves, Stoke etc etc anyway.

Far too soon to be making those sort of comments as the squad is very small - got away with it against Leicester because a) Harper made a blinding save from Howard's header, plus 2 other good saves, all before we scored ; had any of these chances, plus a bad miss by Leicester, been converted, we would have lost.

The team is getting by on the strength of the midfield at this level - Smith is winning many balls, but will do so at the expense of yellow cards ; Nolan, Guthrie and Barton make enough decent runs to keep a good deal of possession when Smith wins it but Ranger is still(naturally) far from the finished article up front and unless we make a couple of signings we will struggle for goals from front players although Ameobi can get his share at this level.

Enrique was defensively excellent(and that his his main job, NOT acting as a winger because we are so light in that dept) - as has been said, he made one bad pass near the end which could have been costly, but was otherwise one of the mainstays.

We face a difficult away game at the weekend against Cardiff and unless some signings are made we could struggle to score down there, but certainly for now, the team have ground out the results and all credit to both them and the coaching staff for showing great attitiude in the first month of the season.

From the Leicester equivalent thread.

If you are at the game you get a better analysis of the match, but from watching it on the TV the gulf in class was plain to see, I'd be very surprised if Newcastle dont win the League they just have too much quality, and whilst our boys worked hard, there just wasnt a spark going for us.

Just got back from the game. Firstly, well done Newcastle. Great display tonight (especially 2nd half). Despite all their troubles, including injured strikers, they performed like a team that will bounce back at the first time of asking. It will take an almighty effort from an opposing team (or an off day themselves) for them to lose their current winning streak. Also, their fans were first class. Willing to shake hands before the match and wish us all the best and then offer the sympathies for not being able to take anything from the game.

Fair result. We were slightly better 1st half, they were massively better in the 2nd half. Anyone of their team would walk into ours, in the end we did well to keep it to 1-0.

Well done Newcastle - deserved the points, if nothing but for Smith's performance.

hats off to newcastle, they played well, very impressed with ranger and smith for them.

They closed down quicker and more effectively and their plays were consistently better. We didnt deserve a point, even if Fryatt or Howard scored their chances, as we were outplayed by the better team. Should have been 3 maybe 4 to Newcastle.

If you are at the game you get a better analysis of the match, but from watching it on the TV the gulf in class was plain to see, I'd be very surprised if Newcastle dont win the League they just have too much quality, and whilst our boys worked hard, there just wasnt a spark going for us.

Just got back from the game. Firstly, well done Newcastle. Great display tonight (especially 2nd half). Despite all their troubles, including injured strikers, they performed like a team that will bounce back at the first time of asking. It will take an almighty effort from an opposing team (or an off day themselves) for them to lose their current winning streak. Also, their fans were first class. Willing to shake hands before the match and wish us all the best and then offer the sympathies for not being able to take anything from the game.

Fair result. We were slightly better 1st half, they were massively better in the 2nd half. Anyone of their team would walk into ours, in the end we did well to keep it to 1-0.

Well done Newcastle - deserved the points, if nothing but for Smith's performance.

hats off to newcastle, they played well, very impressed with ranger and smith for them.

They closed down quicker and more effectively and their plays were consistently better. We didnt deserve a point, even if Fryatt or Howard scored their chances, as we were outplayed by the better team. Should have been 3 maybe 4 to Newcastle.

Unbelievably fair and measured, reasonable sportsmanlike responses from their fans. Fucking disgusting, makes me sick. Where are their internet trolls with their flame wars?

Guest Stephen927

Also worrying was the fact that Nolan looked very tired around the 60th minute mark.

he always does, it's f***ing disgusting

according to Djmattis we should stop 'bothering him' about it though

And Hughton always seems reluctant to make a few subs before the 80th minute.

Geremi and Nolan looked absolutely knackered, I don't know how both played the full 90.

Also worrying was the fact that Nolan looked very tired around the 60th minute mark.

Geremi and Nolan looked absolutely knackered, I don't know how both played the full 90.

Yeah but it made sense to wait last night. Making subs too soon could have blown it for us. As soon as Vuckic/Donaldson came on we lost pretty much all of our attack and ball retention going forward. Doing that from 60/70 minutes could have cost us.

I think on the whole Hughton has been decent enough with his subs and when he's brought them on.

Yeah but it made sense to wait last night. Making subs too soon could have blown it for us. As soon as Vuckic/Donaldson came on we lost pretty much all of our attack and ball retention going forward. Doing that from 60/70 minutes could have cost us.

I think on the whole Hughton has been decent enough with his subs and when he's brought them on.

Yeah,  I think Hugton's team selection and subs this season have been first class.  I reckon he reads this forum for this as he always seems to do what Im thinking and isnt afraid to throw on youngsters.  If it had been kinnear Nolan would have started up front on his own and butt would have been centrehalf even if he was injured.

Seen enough to make me believe you'll be be back in the Premier League next season.

A good Newcastle team is far better for the league than Bolton, Hull, Wolves, Stoke etc etc anyway.

Far too soon to be making those sort of comments as the squad is very small - got away with it against Leicester because a) Harper made a blinding save from Howard's header, plus 2 other good saves, all before we scored ; had any of these chances, plus a bad miss by Leicester, been converted, we would have lost.

The team is getting by on the strength of the midfield at this level - Smith is winning many balls, but will do so at the expense of yellow cards ; Nolan, Guthrie and Barton make enough decent runs to keep a good deal of possession when Smith wins it but Ranger is still(naturally) far from the finished article up front and unless we make a couple of signings we will struggle for goals from front players although Ameobi can get his share at this level.

Enrique was defensively excellent(and that his his main job, NOT acting as a winger because we are so light in that dept) - as has been said, he made one bad pass near the end which could have been costly, but was otherwise one of the mainstays.

We face a difficult away game at the weekend against Cardiff and unless some signings are made we could struggle to score down there, but certainly for now, the team have ground out the results and all credit to both them and the coaching staff for showing great attitiude in the first month of the season.

Nonsense. It'd take a disaster for us not to get promoted with this team.

With a full side out yesterday it would have been 3 or 4 but we still won with a depleted side, against one of the better teams in the league.

Teams can't score against us and we're always liable to get one at the other end. It'd be nice to see Harper break Van Der Sar's record for consecutive clean sheets in the league.

Still makes me laugh how people were panicking after Orient. People obssess about beating Sunderland's crowds at this level but we should go after their 105 points total.

Just watched the post match interviews on Skysports.com, how pissed off is Pearson, i dont think he could be any more obnoxtious towards the interviewer !!

Haha losing to us clearly got to him. I don't think he enjoyed his time here too much.