Marlon Harewood

Dave

Newcastle are set to sign Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood on a three-month loan.

Harewood has started just one Premier League game for Villa since his £4million move from West Ham in 2007, and Newcastle need a replacement for Shola Ameobi who is sidelined by a broken foot.

Newcastle also have an interest in Wolves striker Sam Vokes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1214877/Newcastle-turn-Aston-Villa-4m-misfit-Marlon-Harewood-month-loan-deal-boost-strike-force.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0RgDOKCSh

Hope so.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we get Harewood I'd like to see

Guthrie      Barton      Smith      Gutierrez

Harewood    Lovenkrands

It might be a bit unfair on Carroll and Ranger but  I think that would be our best option. Lovenkrands has a bit of pace in behind and Harewood has a bit of power to trouble defenders. Hopefully will be a return to 4-4-2 but if we do get him I can see Hughton playing Lovenkrands wide left with Carroll and Harewood up front

Good news, though it'll probably mean less minutes on the pitch for Ranger which I think is a bit harsh on the lad. Still, this is excellent news.

Hopefully Ranger will get a start alongside either Loven or carroll and sign off with a goal against Peterborough.

Good news, though it'll probably mean less minutes on the pitch for Ranger which I think is a bit harsh on the lad. Still, this is excellent news.

Hopefully Ranger will get a start alongside either Loven or carroll and sign off with a goal against Peterborough.

Yep, would be good to see him start again tomorrow. I'd give Carroll a rest personally, and give Loven some more match fitness.

Yep, would be good to see him start again tomorrow. I'd give Carroll a rest personally, and give Loven some more match fitness.

Me too.

He'll be a very good deal for us as we'll now have a range of different options up front:

Carroll: Tall, excellent at holding ball up and flick ons, canny finisher too with both head and feet.

Harewood: Tall, bulky and a handful for most defenders

Ranger: Tall and slick player with a history of goals at lower levels, bags of potential

Lovenkrands: Shorter, quick and very good finsher who has lots of experience. Versatile too

Vuckic: raw talent and desperate to impress

Shola: semi-championship legend thus far

Overall I'm very happy with these forward players, especially for a championship team and they're all eager to impress  :pow:

Guest toonlass

He'll be a very good deal for us as we'll now have a range of different options up front:

Carroll: Tall, excellent at holding ball up and flick ons, canny finisher too with both head and feet.

Harewood: Tall, bulky and a handful for most defenders, and is able to destroy goalkeepers like a tank.

Ranger: Tall and slick player with a history of goals at lower levels, bags of potential

Lovenkrands: Shorter, quick and very good finsher who has lots of experience. Versatile too

Vuckic: raw talent and desperate to impress

Shola: sem-championship legend thus far

Overall I'm very happy with these forward players, especially for a championship team and they're all eager to impress  :pow: