Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton is lining up a £4m bid to make Sheffield United defender Matt Kilgallon his first signing since taking over on a permanent basis at St James' Park.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2710833/Chris-in-for-the-Kil.html

He's out of contract in the summer and isn't worth 4 Million even if he had 5 years remaining, we could offer him a pre-contract in January.

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton is lining up a £4m bid to make Sheffield United defender Matt Kilgallon his first signing since taking over on a permanent basis at St James' Park.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2710833/Chris-in-for-the-Kil.html

He's out of contract in the summer and isn't worth 4 Million even if he had 5 years remaining, we could offer him a pre-contract in January.

It'd be April or so by the time we could offer a contract (3 months before contract end for domestic players).

It'd be April or so by the time we could offer a contract (3 months before contract end for domestic players).

II take it its 6 for non-domestic players.

Guest Stephen927

It's tough for Hughton to sign the type of player that will get us out of this division, and then do a job in the top flight rather than just get us out of this division. I presume Hughton is working on a small budget too, so £4m for a Championship player doesn't make any sense, I think seeing as the story is in the Sun it isn't too credible..

Rather than spend money on Kilgallon, I would rather keep progressing young Kadar and possibly the likes of Tavernier and Lough. We need players urgently in other positions first, especially up front and a decent winger who can supply accurate crosses/ We should check out Andy Driver from Hearts or the Routledge lad from QPR.

In the short term, I would try and sign Koumas as a creative player with the view of signing someone bigger if we go up. Send Kish and Harewood back from where they came from and for gods sake, lets give Ranger a decent run alongside Carroll.

I hope we can get Danny Simpson on the cheap too.

II take it its 6 for non-domestic players.

Si

Never used to be this way. Dunno why it is now. I'm surprised it doesn't send more bosman signings out to the continent.

Rather than spend money on Kilgallon, I would rather keep progressing young Kadar and possibly the likes of Tavernier and Lough. We need players urgently in other positions first, especially up front and a decent winger who can supply accurate crosses/ We should check out Andy Driver from Hearts or the Routledge lad from QPR.

In the short term, I would try and sign Koumas as a creative player with the view of signing someone bigger if we go up. Send Kish and Harewood back from where they came from and for gods sake, lets give Ranger a decent run alongside Carroll.

I hope we can get Danny Simpson on the cheap too.

Would love to see Routledge and Driver on the wings that would completely change the team.

I think we should try and get Erik Huseklepp on loan now the Norwegian league is finished, he could do a job on the right wing or upfront.

Just picked out some quotes from Llambias' article in the journal-

"“If he wants a player, we ask for the name and the position and then we will try to sign them. At the moment, in our present circumstances, we would prefer that to be loan signings.

“However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team."

- So at the moment they won't be buying any players outright, but in January they will, guess this might have something to do with the fact that there are transfer windows

"If he wants a player, we ask for the name and the position and then we will try to sign them. At the moment, in our present circumstances, we would prefer that to be loan signings.

However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team."

- So at the moment they won't be buying any players outright, but in January they will, guess this might have something to do with the fact that there are transfer windows

"A million quid" - wonder what we will get for that!

"If he wants a player, we ask for the name and the position and then we will try to sign them. At the moment, in our present circumstances, we would prefer that to be loan signings.

However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team."

"A million quid" - wonder what we will get for that!

I wonder if he sells Jonas if hell get more to spend.  Doubt it though.

Guest Roger Kint

Think the first bit is an answer to the Kilgallon story ie rubbishing it.

The second is him bullshitting about buying players.

The overall message 'we will get in loan players if they are cheap, nothing else'

Get a couple of young wingers in, might be worth trying to sign players from Brazil (FMtastic) and help them adjust to English football by playing them against piss poor championship sides, Also we need to sign a pacy striker/Finisher because we have none right now, i would be looking to sign players who can develop in the club and start helping us in the Premierleague next season rather than sign experinced players who are past playing in the premierleague.

Get a couple of young wingers in, might be worth trying to sign players from Brazil (FMtastic) and help them adjust to English football by playing them against piss poor championship sides, Also we need to sign a pacy striker/Finisher because we have none right now, i would be looking to sign players who can develop in the club and start helping us in the Premierleague next season rather than sign experinced players who are past playing in the premierleague.

Wingers would be class, Weiss from Man City would be great but apart from that I can't think of any decent wingers we could reasonably sign on loan, if we had money I'd like us to go for Jonjo Shelvey but alas we don't, maybe we could offer them Jonas in exchange, maybe he could cut it in league 1.

The overall message 'we will get in loan players if they are cheap, nothing else'

Yes in total agreement, really can't see us buying anyone. If we do we'll only be buying a player for a million for every 3 or 4 million we generate through selling them.

I'm just more shocked that he seems to suggest that he won't be buying players at the moment but might in January, not sure the guy has any understanding of anything

Guest Roger Kint

Yes in total agreement, really can't see us buying anyone. If we do we'll only be buying a player for a million for every 3 or 4 million we generate through selling them.

I'm just more shocked that he seems to suggest that he won't be buying players at the moment but might in January, not sure the guy has any understanding of anything

That buying now thing is why i think its the Kilgallon story. They were reporting a loan with a fixed in price for later on so would effectively be buying him outside the indow. Like i said just rubbishing that rumour rather than anything else.

llambo could get on the phone to those 2 wonderful south american agents...

deal could be back on for skjalbred (spelling) and leon cort according to the chron.

Would be happy with Per Ciljan Skjelbred as he would give us allot more movement off the ball (or actually some) but I think he plays CM and not on the wing like the Chron are stating

deal could be back on for skjalbred (spelling) and leon cort according to the chron.

BOLLOCKS

Llambias just said they'd spoend at the most 1m if they had to.

Loan deal during the Norwegian off-season apparently.

Would be happy with Per Ciljan Skjelbred as he would give us allot more movement off the ball (or actually some) but I think he plays CM and not on the wing like the Chron are stating

chron are saying it could be a loan to buy deal due to the Norwegian season ending and not starting again until march. According to my sources (football manager) hes a creative central midfielder

BOLLOCKS

Llambias just said they'd spoend at the most 1m if they had to.

Just keep the money and buy yourself some decent specs you cockney twat.