Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Just reading the Journal now

Newcastle’s managing director also revealed that they are close to finalising permanent moves for at least two players ahead of the January transfer window

I went looking for the bit where Llambliar  revels that & I couldnt see it.......if I am guessing & adding a bit of spin it must be:

“Chris has given us things to work on in January in terms of signing players – and we are trying to make those things happen"

'Things to work on in January':

• Keep Danny Simpson
  • Keep Marlon Harewood

No doubt accomplishing these tricky items will take all month whilst they're desperately trying to sell players, cut costs and generally fuck things up.

Butt is only a squad player for us, why on earth would a PL team buy him??? for money too!!

Because Phil Brown doesn't know his arse from his elbow

To be fair it's difficult when they're camouflaged like that. They all blend into one.

'Things to work on in January':

• Keep Danny Simpson
  • Keep Marlon Harewood

No doubt accomplishing these tricky items will take all month whilst they're desperately trying to sell players, cut costs and generally fuck things up.

Sounds a good plan, maybe even tie Simpson to a permanent contract, and cut costs by moving Geremi on if that's possible. Pulling in one more creative loan would be a bonus, as would being able to do something about Kilgannon fingers crossed.

Job done.

If they 'generally fuck things up' like they did in the summer, then I'll be pretty happy. It'll hopefully keep us on the right track for promotion, and give us a good financial base to invest in the Premiership next year, whoever the owner is.

Geremi  will know his next contract is going to be more in line with what Nobby will be getting at Colchester & I would imagine he helps out his parents & his fifteen brothers & sister so he is going to sit tight on the big bucks he is on here.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't really want to see anyone leave, not even Geremi. If we keep Simpson and Harewood and bring in Kilgallon then we will have good depth for this level.

If Geremi left that would free up enough wages for at least two good players as starters/cover whereas paying him £60k a week for nothing(when he wont be away for Cameroon) is plain madness if a chance game to get rid.... :idiot2:

Don't really want to see anyone leave, not even Geremi. If we keep Simpson and Harewood and bring in Kilgallon then we will have good depth for this level.

If Geremi left that would free up enough wages for at least two good players as starters/cover whereas paying him £60k a week for nothing(when he wont be away for Cameroon) is plain madness if a chance game to get rid.... :idiot2:

Fair point, forgot about the African Cup thing. If we did sell him I think we could get a back up left back and some extra cover in midfield with the money.

Apperently Celtic want Kilgallon, fuck off you bible bashers, he's our, just like the little boy is the priests.

Anyway, I do agree that we should get rid of Geremi for a couple of other players, getting rid of Butt would be great, but they won't let him go, he's too good to let go in their eyes. I beleive we should extend the loan of Simpson, while we areat it, get him to sign a pre-contract with us aswell. Harewood would also be worth extending on loan, he's starting to hit some ofrm, and if he doesn't sign for us he's just going to go to a promotion rival, I'd rather him get the goals for us then WBA or Forest.

I think the 2 'proper' deals are going to be Kilgallon, and Cathcart (or whatever his name is at Watford).

I can't see Watford being able to afford his wages for another 5-6 month's, so I think Man Utd would rather let him go.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why would we want two central defenders?

We've seen that Kadar is decent

Really?

Always looked shaky when I've seen him play

Why would we want two central defenders?

We've seen that Kadar is decent

Really?

Always looked shaky when I've seen him play

He's been very good the last few times he has played. Doing well considering he's only started a handful of games. I'd be shaky as fuck if I had my first senior match at 18 infront of 46,000 odd people.