Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239839/The-free-XI-Joe-Cole-Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-Martin-Petrov-head-list-contract-stars.html

Maxi Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid, 28)

David James (Portsmouth, 39)

Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid, 29)

Juliano Belletti (Chelsea, 33)

Philippe Senderos (Arsenal, 24)

Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool, 30)

Martin Petrov (Manchester City, 30)

Michael Ballack (Chelsea, 33)

Joe Cole (Chelsea, 28)

Adam Johnson (Middlesbrough, 23)

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux, 25)

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid, 33)

Joe Ledley (Cardiff, 22)

Tomas Rosicky (Arsenal, 29)

Jermaine Beckford (Leeds, 26)

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn, 28)

Paul Scharner (Wigan, 29)

Louis Saha (Everton, 31)

Adriano (Flamengo, 27)

Can we at least try to get Adriano, Paul Scharner, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Louis Saha, Joe Ledley, Marouane Chamakh, Adam Johnson ?

How about Christoph Metzelder, Michael Ballack ?

Guest geordienorway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239839/The-free-XI-Joe-Cole-Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-Martin-Petrov-head-list-contract-stars.html

Maxi Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid, 28)

David James (Portsmouth, 39)

Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid, 29)

Juliano Belletti (Chelsea, 33)

Philippe Senderos (Arsenal, 24)

Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool, 30)

Martin Petrov (Manchester City, 30)

Michael Ballack (Chelsea, 33)

Joe Cole (Chelsea, 28)

Adam Johnson (Middlesbrough, 23)

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux, 25)

Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid, 33)

Joe Ledley (Cardiff, 22)

Tomas Rosicky (Arsenal, 29)

Jermaine Beckford (Leeds, 26)

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn, 28)

Paul Scharner (Wigan, 29)

Louis Saha (Everton, 31)

Adriano (Flamengo, 27)

Can we at least try to get Adriano, Paul Scharner, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Louis Saha, Joe Ledley, Marouane Chamakh, Adam Johnson ?

How about Christoph Metzelder, Michael Ballack ?

Not a chance.

Thats the best list of freebies for a while.

Would like us move for Johnson, Ledley, Pedersen, Belletti, Scharner & Saha. Maybe some of them not good enough to be starters but we need a bigger squad in the Premiership and cannot afford to buy players so freebies are the way forward. Wages maybe a stumbling block for all mentioned, especially if other clubs are interested to.

Thats the best list of freebies for a while.

Would like us move for Johnson, Ledley, Pedersen, Belletti, Scharner & Saha. Maybe some of them not good enough to be starters but we need a bigger squad in the Premiership and cannot afford to buy players so freebies are the way forward. Wages maybe a stumbling block for all mentioned, especially if other clubs are interested to.

Only Pedersen and that's still debatable imo.

If we sign Kilgallon when is he going to get a game? Are we going to break up the S.Taylor and Colo centre back pairing just to give him his first game? Apparently he can also play at left-back so at least he would be cover for Jose Enrique as well as S.Taylor and Colo.

How do Johnny Evans and Wes Brown ever get a game at ManU when they have Vidic and Ferdinand? It's a long season with a lot of games and you need strength in depth to cover injuries, suspensions and loss of form. Right now we have virtually zero cover at the back and have probably been lucky not to have been more exposed. Even with the depth that ManU have, they got caught short recently and Carrick had to play in the middle of the back four. Sh1t happens - whatever level you're at....

I understand signing another Centre Back / Left Back from Newcastle's point of view. It's Kilgallon I wonder about. He must think he'll be able to muscle his way past S.Taylor or Colo to get into the starting line up. I can't imagine he'd be too keen to come here and rarely play.

Should at least try and get Adam Johnson, Joe Ledley and Paul Scharner. The others are unrealistic or not good enough, and that is if we can sell them the idea now in january that we will be in the PL at the end of the season.

If we sign Kilgallon when is he going to get a game? Are we going to break up the S.Taylor and Colo centre back pairing just to give him his first game? Apparently he can also play at left-back so at least he would be cover for Jose Enrique as well as S.Taylor and Colo.

How do Johnny Evans and Wes Brown ever get a game at ManU when they have Vidic and Ferdinand? It's a long season with a lot of games and you need strength in depth to cover injuries, suspensions and loss of form. Right now we have virtually zero cover at the back and have probably been lucky not to have been more exposed. Even with the depth that ManU have, they got caught short recently and Carrick had to play in the middle of the back four. Sh1t happens - whatever level you're at....

I understand signing another Centre Back / Left Back from Newcastle's point of view. It's Kilgallon I wonder about. He must think he'll be able to muscle his way past S.Taylor or Colo to get into the starting line up. I can't imagine he'd be too keen to come here and rarely play.

We should only be looking to sign players who actually improve the squad, neither Colo or Taylor are top notch central defenders so if Kilgallon's got anything about him he should think he will break into the side at some point. Bassong didn't take long to establish himself from a humble start and look at him now.

If we have made contact with Leeds over Beckford I would ask about Snodgrass too, providing they're not asking for something daft he could do a job on the right. Doubt they'd want to lose their two top players on the cheap though.

On his way to Boro for £3m apparently, just too much really, I'd be dissapointed if we handed Leeds £5m for 2 players.

If we have made contact with Leeds over Beckford I would ask about Snodgrass too, providing they're not asking for something daft he could do a job on the right. Doubt they'd want to lose their two top players on the cheap though.

On his way to Boro for £3m apparently, just too much really, I'd be dissapointed if we handed Leeds £5m for 2 players.

If they're good enough why not?

Would rather gamble five million on two lads with the potential to step up than an expensive foreigner.

I doubt their quality.

I doubt their quality.

The step up form League One to the the Championship is hardly massive, if they help the promotion charge and give us some half decent back up for the following season they're worth the money if you ask me.

I doubt their quality.

If they can run faster than an old woman and can pass the ball more than three yards that already puts them in a higher bracket than many of our players.