Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

Aweful from us, and aweful from the ref today aswell, he was rather like a Europien ref, no contact at all, and really wanted to make a name for himself today with the game being on tv, well he has one from me, W*#$er.

I knew from the moment Smith was booked that he was going to get another red, maybe even before that, so how he wasn't substituted earlier on I don't know.

Anyway, a good win today, top of the league, making a gap between us and Cardiff who I still feel will be our main or atleast one of our main challangers for this league. Now onto Blackpool midweek without Smith.

I've always believed that these are the types of wins that count in the end. Teams that win leagues get results away from home when they don't necessarily deserve them. Couldn't be happier with the result and the determination our players showed today.

Hughton should have his manager of the month award taken away from him for those substitutions, though.

Comfortable, TBH, thought that was going to be a stiff challenge but Cardiff were s****. Easy win, even though we played average at best, didn't even need to break sweat.

Mate they outplayed us for near the entire game, their finishing was pap sure. We were still massively lucky.

Smith ran his bollocks off, there's no hint whatsoever of reverting to previous form. The problem with Smith has been there for all to see all season, he could have easily been sent off against Sheff Wed and Reading and was finally punished today. Needs to cut out the daft fouls though, constantly in the last third.

To be fair, that was probably one of the least daft red cards I've ever seen.

Comfortable, TBH, thought that was going to be a stiff challenge but Cardiff were shite. Easy win, even though we played average at best, didn't even need to break sweat.

:lol: I don't know about you but I was sweating plenty towards the end when we started to make silly individual errors.

I've always believed that these are the types of wins that count in the end. Teams that win leagues get results away from home when they don't necessarily deserve them. Couldn't be happier with the result and the determination our players showed today.

Agree with that part of your analysis there.

Does Snith miss Blackpool away or Plymouth at home

Blackpool. For a red card it's the next match isn't it?

1 match but is it not 7 days until it comes into effect?

Nah, that's just for 5/10 yellow cards IIRC. Even if it was 7 days, Plymouth is in 6.

Aweful from us, and aweful from the ref today aswell, he was rather like a Europien ref, no contact at all, and really wanted to make a name for himself today with the game being on tv, well he has one from me, W*#$er.

What? :lol: He had a great game today tbh. The daft fouls were being called by the linesman, not the ref.