Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

Does Snith miss Blackpool away or Plymouth at home

Blackpool. For a red card it's the next match isn't it?

1 match but is it not 7 days until it comes into effect?

Nah, that's just for 5/10 yellow cards IIRC. Even if it was 7 days, Plymouth is in 6.

Shame coz then it would be Peterborough   :lol:

We clearly could have dominated them, we outpassed them easily at the beginning. Then half of them sat back & stopped supporting when we went frowards. So we started playing long balls to ranger & lost 80% of them. Instead of passing it across the pitch.

Average as you like, still won: :thup: Smith had to make that challenge but it shouldn't have resulted in him being sent off as he should have cut out the stupid rash challenges after the ref gave him that warning that he should have seen yellow for. Just as Butt comes back as well. :facepalm:

Nolan still seems to be unfit but still plays 90 mins every week, puzzling. Barton is lost on the left, was pretty awful today, he's still our best midfielder and he should be starting in the middle every week now. Sickens me to see Butt back, even in his 15 min cameo he managed to give it away 3 times, thick as fuck.

Improvement wanted, but not necessarily needed for Blackpool. :lol: Fucking shocking division.

I'll take that then lads...gerrin.

Tbh...Houghton got the tactics spot on today too...lone striker up front, pile people in for corners.  Sit deep and close people down quickly.

Oh, and the ref was a fucking whistle happy bastard wasnt he?

He got most decisions spot on, but christ Cardiff looked like they were being shot half the time....first time ive seen such in a game this season.

Lucky win.

couldn't care less

Good for you.

Try to enjoy it a bit.

By me posting 'lucky win' you deduce i haven't enjoyed it? Sorry but you're clearly an idiot if you think that.

I tend to use the forum to express opinions on the football. We were outplayed for most of the second half and the Taylor handball / Smith sending off were pivotal moments that we should have been punished for. So i thought we were lucky.

We need Jonas back in the side asap, just to add a bit of running into the team.

Why did Houghton take Guthrie off? Even if he was having an anonymous game, he's shown that he can pop up and score a goal out of nothing at this level. At the same time Nolan/Barton were having shockers. Strange decision.

Guest toonlass

I couldn't give a damn how we played or how we won it. All that matters is that we did, and we got the 3 points. We have Blackpool and Plymouth next too, and our confidence should be sky high.

We need Jonas back in the side asap, just to add a bit of running into the team.

Why did Houghton take Guthrie off? Even if he was having an anonymous game, he's shown that he can pop up and score a goal out of nothing at this level. At the same time Nolan/Barton were having shockers. Strange decision.

'Experience'.

We were average BUT still managed to get the 3 points and a clean sheet

The back 4 were canny, apart from the 2 moments when Enrique lost the ball and Colo missed the ball (leading to Smith's sending off)

Joey Barton was s*** - lost count the number of times he gave the ball away. Nolan was average as well. Guthrie was anonymous. Ranger had an okay game, cant be easy playing up front on your own

Over the moon we won. I didn't think we played that badly - we looked really solid in midfield and at the back - didn't allow Cardiff any time or space at all.

27 years since we had 5 clean sheets in a row, apparently. Well done lads. :)

Pity we couldn't pass the ball forwards more than 5 yards without losing it.

I tend to use the forum to express opinions on the football. We were outplayed for most of the second half and the Taylor handball / Smith sending off were pivotal moments that we should have been punished for. So i thought we were lucky.

Spot on. How anyone can't care about the performance is beyond me. If we think we can play like that and keep winning, then we'll soon be proved wrong.

I'm bloody delighted, but I'm not going to ignore how poor we were.