Blackpool vs Newcastle United Pre-Match thread - 16/09/09 - 19:45 KO

ElDiablo

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the ref for this game is a Mackem.

From .Com

Ref: Jonathan Moss (West Yorkshire) first time in charge of a competitive Newcastle game, but was the referee for our pre-season friendly clash at Huddersfield, which included on-pitch flare-ups at the end of both halves.

Both incidents were included in his report, but the FA later deemed that neither side had any case to answer.

Further details of Moss have now come to light, with his Leeds-based home a result of studying there and later working in the area as a school head teacher.

Originally from North Tyneside, he began his refereeing career in local junior Sunday football, having failed to make the grade as a schoolboy player....at the mackems.

We have it on good authority that Moss remains a lifelong red and whiter.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm quite nervous about this, if we win I will be surprised and absolutely delighted. I can see us giving Plymouth a hiding on Saturday regardless of what happens on Wednesday.

It would be great if we won both of the 2 upcoming fixtures, and being the opponents' level pretty low we have good chances. I'm only more and more worried about our squad size, I'm expecting we collapse at any moment. :sadnod:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Carroll-fit-for-Blackpool-clash.5648383.jp

Carroll back in the squad, would be amazed if he starts, more than likely a sub.

Even if he can only manage 20mins it would be good to give Ranger a bit of a breather, looked knackered at the end last week after the shift he put in. If they're both on the bench the pace of Loven and strength of Carroll will be a hell of a challenge to the Blackpool defenders for the last 20-30mins.

Carroll back in the squad, would be amazed if he starts, more than likely a sub.

Even if he can only manage 20mins it would be good to give Ranger a bit of a breather, looked knackered at the end last week after the shift he put in. If they're both on the bench the pace of Loven and strength of Carroll will be a hell of a challenge to the Blackpool defenders for the last 20-30mins.

Double sub on 60 minutes? I like it.

Its a good idea but sadly I can't see both of those happening.

In your bedroom, on the bedside table.

They were in the fridge! :lol:

Had mates back here to continue drinking into the early hours after nights out twice in the last week so it must have been one of them.

[quote a

uthor=Greg link=topic=64478.msg1983702#msg1983702 date=1253044781]

Had mates back here to continue drinking into the early hours after nights out twice in the last week so it must have been one of them.

Was gonna say, you better find the fuckers.  Out of such a small crowd I at least expect to see you going mental.

[quote a

uthor=Greg link=topic=64478.msg1983702#msg1983702 date=1253044781]

Was gonna say, you better find the fuckers.  Out of such a small crowd I at least expect to see you going mental.

It's unallocated seating as well, will drop you a text sometime tomorrow.  :occasion14:

We will be in Blackpool quite early mind, I've got a job interview in Manchester then the train from Manchester gets us into Blackpool at about half 1.

How the f*** is it going to work with this unreserved seating bollocks?  It's going to be organise chaos.  f***ing small club mentality.

isn't unreserved seating basically what we have when we have cash turnstiles open ?

Why do some people get nervous about playing some of these teams, we have only dropped 2 points and conceeded 1 goal and played some of the so called "better" clubs this league has to offer there should be no game we go into this season not thinking we can win, we palyed WBA probably the hardest game we are gonna have and drew.

We should hammer these tomorrow 0-3 Happy Dayzzzz :clap2:

Why do some people get nervous about playing some of these teams, we have only dropped 2 points and conceeded 1 goal and played some of the so called "better" clubs this league has to offer there should be no game we go into this season not thinking we can win, we palyed WBA probably the hardest game we are gonna have and drew.

We should hammer these tomorrow 0-3 Happy Dayzzzz :clap2:

this'll be the first of the "in your face" teams we've played. will McLoven play ? will we pack the midfield again ? 

this is a slightly new challenge in which i'd like to see us dominate,we acan and should.......but will we ?

Should be an interesting game. I can imagine them to be quite physical and hopefully, our passing game will have them running in circles. If we start like we did against Cardiff, I think we will win but if we allow them to physically bully us, we will have problems.

I actually think a draw will be a good result there but looking at last nights results, WBA and Boro having won, we really need to win to maintain momentum.

Interesting to see the likes of Sheff Utd and PNE lost last night against opposition I would have expected them to beat. Could be the current top three will be fighting out the 2 promotion spots at the end of the season with the rest taking points off each other finishing well away off the beat.